CEO at One World
Views:1024 Applications:258 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:242
Area Sales Manager - General Trade - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
Operational Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver primary and secondary sales target as per Annual Operating Plan in the assigned territory - Timely Tracking & Monitoring performance of Channel partners and Sales team to identify deviation and plan accordingly for risk mitigation.
- Responsible for developing and expanding Sales & Profitability of the company in the assigned region. - Add new accounts, retail partners for increasing numeric reach and weighted reach.
- Stock Management at depots & Distributors/Super Stockist/Sub-Stockist, Credit Control, Damage/Expiry Control for complete SKU and product range availability.
- Planning and implementation of sales promotional activities in the territory in collaboration with Marketing team.
- Identify and Weed out small and high impact issues faced by channel partners
. - Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large accounts. - Reviewing visibility of product range at retail counters.
- Analyse and control expenditures of assigned area to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Utilising retail & distribution platforms to improve efficiency and reduce distribution costs; monitoring the process flow in order to ensure the operational efficiency through dealers and distributors.
Strategic Role & Responsibilities:
- Business planning, forecasting and delivery of short term & long terms objectives (volume/ revenue/ growth/ systems & processes) at geography level and account level and product level.
- Guiding the team towards distributor appointment in line with desired business objectives and maintaining a robust and efficient Channel Partner network, through effective engagement and measures around healthy ROI management in line with defined business objectives/ processes.
- Driving sales team efficiency through regular and effective training, mentoring and coaching of sales team. - Identification of brand building/ BTL activation opportunities and coordinating with relevant stakeholders (sales team/ marketing team/ external agencies) for timely and effective execution of these activities in line with business objectives/ priorities
- Close monitoring of the competitor's activities and preparing observation reports in order to facilitate the Brand Team to compete with competition.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduation in any stream and MBA/PGDBM in Sales & Marketing.
- Strong experience (8 - 12 years) within a large Indian or multinational organisation preferably within the FMCG industry in General Trade.
- Experience of working in territory is mandatory.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example.
- Strong talent management to mentor and coach large sales team on company payroll and third-party payroll. Orientation towards achieving operational excellence in regular operational work for enhanced team productivity and delivery.
- Strong analytical skills to derive trends/projections/forecasts from reports for planning and risk mitigation.
- Strong financial acumen to evaluate business impact of various internal and external factors.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams for better business patterning with Sales, GTM, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain.
- Customer centric approach and strong relationship management for engagement of channel partners and customers
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.