Senior Recruiter at Analytics India Magazine
Views:202 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Analytics India Magazine - Data Scientist - NLP/ML/Text Analytics (3-5 yrs)
Job Description :
Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC Ltd.) pioneered housing finance in India and has assisted 6.6 million Indians to own a home of their own thus far. Our extensive distribution network of 474 inter-connected offices (including 148 offices of HDFC Sales) caters to over 2,400 towns & cities across the country in our endeavour to serve the housing demand in India. We have 3 representative offices in Dubai, London and Singapore offering Home Loan products to Non-Resident Indians and Persons of Indian Origin. (Figures as on 31st March, 2018). HDFC has successfully emerged as the trusted ecosystem leader and has been voted the best managed financial services company with a proven track record of excellent corporate governance and value creation for its stakeholders.
At HDFC Ltd, we are proud to stand at the forefront of the AI and ML revolution. Using the latest analytic tools and processes, we are able to maximize our offerings and deliver unparalleled service and support to stakeholders. To help carry us even further, we are searching for an experienced data analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualization. Additionally, you should be committed to transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth.
Data Scientist - NLP, ML and Text Analytics
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information for building data solutions that will drive business in the company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine- learning and research.You will be part of data analytics team who are highly motivated to drive results.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends, patterns and create hypothesis.
- Build end to end predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Model Tuning, Model Comparisons and Model Revalidations.
- Regular usage of Predictive techniques which includes Linear/Logistic/Multiple Linear
- Regression, Gradient Boosting Classifier, XG Boost, Ada Boost, Lasso-Ridge Model, Factor analysis, cluster analysis, Linear Discriminant analysis, CHAID, Random Forest and KNN
- Natural Language Processing - Sentiment Analysis: Analyze the tone of customer and understand the criticality of the issue and share the details.
- Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive analysis which includes in areas of prospect to lead to loan conversions, Risk assessment process (Includes NPA predictions) and in improving operational efficiencies in the mortgage industry.
- Automation and prediction in underwriting of Loans. Improving Borrowers, originators and underwriters process efficiencies, decreased risk and for better customer experience.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with IT and product development teams.
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Science role.
- Experience in Text analytics and NLP is mandatory
- Experience in BFSI is an added advantage.
- Experience in data mining.
- Experience of working on supervised and unsupervised models.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research.
- Knowledge on one of these Machine learning tools R, Python and SAS is must.
- Knowledge on Deep learning is an added advantage. Understanding of framework such as Keras, Google Tensorflow would be preferred.
- Preferred but not mandate to have experience using business intelligence tools such as Qlikview, PowerBI and Tableau
- Full time Post Graduates in Statistics/Data Science/Business Analytics/Computer Science/Management with 3-5 years of relevant experience are preferred
- Good knowledge of applied statistical skills such as statistical testing, analysis, distributions, regression.
- Analytical mind and business acumen.