Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:2487 Applications:855 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:237
Analyst - Equity Research - Investment Bank (1-5 yrs)
Overall purpose of role :
As an Equity Research Analyst, the candidate will work with a senior analyst as part of the sector research team and will be expected to gather, track and analyze relevant data, update models/analysis, present findings to internal clients, etc so that Research team can provide advice to clients to make the best investment decisions.
Key Accountabilities :
- Assisting the team with managing stocks under their coverage so that they write meaningful research which help clients make investment decision.
- Creating and updating models/spreadsheets in connection with valuation and Research forecasts
- Gathering data relevant to the sector around pricing, promotions etc.
- Helping team build out thought process around specific themes or any future problem statements
- Helping team find unstructured data, connect relevant dots and come out with required analysis/output
- Compiling historical data in respect of stocks and companies from publicly available sources and making forecasts based on the information available and sensibly inferred
- Updating and maintaining databases to track relevant financial, economic or other indicators which may be relevant to the sector and/or region under coverage
- Assisting almost independently with adhoc analysis as may be required by the senior analysts or in response to client queries
- Monitoring relevant market news and summarizing as well as assessing impact on sector or coverage universe
- Assisting with the preparation and development of research reports, industry primers and marketing presentations
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of financial terms, valuations, balance sheet, etc.
- Proficient in building financial models
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office applications
- MBA or Chartered Accountant with prior experience in sell side Equity Research
Desirable Skills/Preferred Qualifications :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment