Analyst - Demand Planning - Consumer Food Business (2-5 yrs)
Demand Planning Analyst for a Consumer Food Brand
About the Company:
We are one of the fastest growing brands of gourmet bakery products in India. Our products are 100% preservative / chemical free and are manufactured using 100% natural ingredients. We are an established name in the retail industry, being the largest bakery supplier to Future group (Big Bazaar, FoodHall and Hypercity stores) in Mumbai and Pune, and to Nature's Basket stores pan-India, and to chains like Star Bazaar etc. In addition, we also operate a chain of own stores with a rapidly expanding footprint across the country.
We have a state of the art 25000 sq ft facility near Ahmedabad, Gujarat which is equipped with the latest equipment from across the world. Our founders are from IIM Ahmedabad, Le Cordon Bleu-Paris and French Culinary Institute-New York .
We are looking for a talented demand planner to ensure our company's operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor's/PG degree in business or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Strong analytical ability, proficient in advanced MS Excel, Python and R models able to build analytical models
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.