Director at Connexio Search
Views:90 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Analyst - Bioinformatics - Genome Diagnostics Firm (5-8 yrs)
A leading genome diagnostics firm is seeking a bioinformatics analyst who can understand complex research problems and design and implement bioinformatics solutions working across multiple stakeholders and customers.
- Drive impactful data analysis of high-throughput data generated for clinical diagnosis.
- Run industry standard pipelines, algorithms, and tools to analyze NGS platforms; drives improvements to existing bioinformatics tools.
- Play an active role in managing bioinformatics analysis and report delivery for clinical and research samples, supported by well-defined SOP's.
- Hands-on bioinformatics problem solving on regular basis.
- Play the role of a trainer and mentor to junior team members.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
- Master's/PhD degree from reputed institute in Computer science/Computational Genomics/Computation Biology/Bioinformatics informatics/Computational Genomics/Computation Biology/Bioinformatics
- Sufficient knowledge of genomics and basics of molecular biology
- Hands on experience in Next-Generation sequencing data analysis
- Good knowledge of programming languages for data analysis and tool development such as Perl, Php, Python, R, Java, Html, SQL, C++
- Experience in statistical analysis and bioinformatics methods/tools/databases
- Sound analytical knowledge
- Publications and/or other recognitions
- 5-8 years of industry/academics research lab experience
- Have a passion for building teams. Effective as a people manager
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.