Views:587 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:49
Analyst/Associate - ESG/Investor Relations - BFSI (2-5 yrs)
About the Fund:
The role will be based out of the fund's Bangalore office. The fund is headquartered in Bangalore, India. For candidates interested in the role, but unable to move due to the current situation, if selected, the role will be work from home until Q3 of this calendar year. The fund invests in Series A/B rounds of early-stage enterprises. Prior ESG diligence and/or IR related experience is a must for this role. In this role, you will spend up to 50% of your time on ESG activities and balance on investor relations.
ESG and Impact Related Tasks:
- Develop ESG DD methodology for the fund for its investments
- Conduct ESG DD for new investments in line with the guidelines and performance standards adopted by the fund
- Develop an ESG implementation plan along with the investment team based on DD findings to address the following:
- Articulate relevance of ESG/Impact to the company - what and why
- Develop an implementation plan for the company to be distinctive (at its size/scale) as delivering on that specific ESG impact criteria
- Quantify the benefit to the company from implementing the same
- How will this benefit help the company become distinctive and quantify the benefits of being distinctive
- Assist the company in the implementation of the plan by identifying relevant stakeholders and partners
- Measure portfolio impact on a quarterly basis
- Monitor and report the progress of the plan
- Prepare periodic updates for internal portfolio reviews
- Prepare responses for investors and prospective investors on ESG practices
- Lead fund marketing and fundraising with the team
- Develop investor communication materials for investor reporting, ESG reporting, Impact reporting, and fund marketing
- Understanding of ESG regulations and policy environment
- General awareness around Indian and global economy
- Working knowledge and understanding of private investments.
Desired skills and experience
- Preference would be given to Woman officers for this role
- Bachelors or Master's degree from a reputed institute with 2-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- ESG execution and monitoring experience in an investment role or equivalent.
- Adequate exposure to environmental, social, and governance risks in the investment industry
- Substantial understanding of achieving development impact (ESG, development frameworks)
- Experience in fund marketing, business reporting, and investor relations;
- Exceptional communication and people skills including experience working across management levels;
- Highly entrepreneurial, passion for knowledge, drive for excellence, business savvy, creative, high integrity, flexible, professional maturity;
- Strong process orientation, negotiation, and facilitation skills to ensure a participative and collaborative follow-up with investee entities through the life of the investment
- Self-starter, team-oriented, detail-oriented, and proven ability to perform in a high-stress environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills - experienced in producing - client-ready- presentations, models, etc.