Consultant at Greenhill Consulting LLP
Views:129 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Analyst/Associate - Credit Card Operations - Bank (7-15 yrs)
Position Title: Manager, Credit Card Operations
Department: Technology & Operations
Section : Consumer Banking Operations
Location : Chennai
The position is based out of Central Operations to support the Credit Card Operations of the bank under the CBO Asset Operations from the stage of Product Launch, testing, Implementation and BAU Support.
Operations includes, but not limited to, the activities at various stages of the Credit Card Life Cycle right from the stage of launching the Credit Card Product and subsequently manage the BAU operational checks throughout the life cycle in the core systems. The scope of BAU operation may include and not limited to all outsourced operational activities. Thus, this position is key to oversee and ensure the quality of all operational activities.
The job entails the following key functionalities:
1. Provide support in designing the operational process for the launch of Credit Cards, keeping in mind the DFNO (STP) principles. Also, support the UAT testing and implementation of new process / products from time to time.
2. Processing & adherence to all SLAs at various stages of the Operations to ensure seamless BAU. Further, liaise with all internal & external stakeholders to ensure the operational process is adhered and controls are maintained.
3. Deliver process efficiency and improve the overall customer experience while ensuring strong controls and governance of both outsourced and inhouse activities.
4. Coach the team on new updates and process / system changes to ensure the right back-up. Also, act as a trainer for new joiners.
5. Demonstrate the highest integrity and teamwork in interactions with the stakeholders & external parties
Job Duties & responsibilities
The job duty for the role is to understand the entire gamut of Credit Card processing from Origination, Transaction Management, Maintenances, Interchange & Settlement, Disputes handling & Loyalty Management.
1. Incumbent should be able to support the Ops Manager to Set-up a robust operations process, for Credit card Operations to facilitate the customer satisfaction
2. Demonstrate a strong understanding of Pre- Issuance and Post Issuance operations Knowledge on Credit cards
3. Ensure the reconciliation and maintenance of all office accounts as per agreed process
4. Ensure all Credit Card Onboarding activities are done as per the guidelines.
5. Manage and oversee vendor on activities like cards Dispatch, Card Return Undelivered, PIN mailers and Destructions process. Ensure checks and controls are in place.
6. Ensure to manage Interchange & Settlement process on Credit Card settlements done by Member Banks.
7. Ensure that there is a strong understanding of the settlement Recon process and ensure for a smooth Reconciliation and settlement process as per Timelines.
8. Oversee the Dispute & Chargeback process done by Vendor and ensure BAU activities are in line to the Standard operating procedure with Adequate checker controls inhouse.
9. Ensure that the Incumbent carries a strong understanding of VISA/Master Card International Operating Regulations
10. Interact with Visa/Mastercard and with tech teams to implement Half yearly compliance changes recommended by Card Association
11. Ensure to have a good understanding on Loyalty programs and should be able to manage programs/offers rolled out from time to time in the bank.
12. Should have a good understanding on cards payments process.
13. Should be familiar on Online payments like NEFT, RTGS, Bill desk and Manual payment process like Cheque and Cash payments for Credit cards.
14. Ensure compliance to all internal and external regulations, including any reporting pertinent to Operations
15. Drive the DFNO agenda and ensure the optimum STP in new processes as well as existing processes
16. Ensure the Standard Operating Procedures are in place along with detailed manuals for all activities conducted by the Operations team. Also, ensure the adherence to all agreed SOPs and Policies by inhouse / outsourced operational staff
17. Should be able to provide inputs in order to draw a robust BCP plan for the team and successfully tested to comply with the Banks requirements
18. Ensure Operational efficiency & quality metrics are tracked on an Ongoing Basis and reported to Senior Manager.
19. Provide support to all organisational events and initiatives as required from time to time Experience (Indicate nature and extent of work experience including number of years required, if applicable.)
- Overall experience in the Banking & Financial Services Industry
- Experience in Credit Card Operations.
- Knowledge on Visa/Master Card International Operating Regulations would be required.
- Experience in Team Management preferable.
- Excellent understanding of the MS-Excel, MS-PPT and other office management tools
- Very good communication skills (verbal & written)
Education / Preferred Qualifications (List the minimum and preferred qualifications required to perform all essential functions, including field of study)
- Graduate / Post Graduate (or Equaling qualification) from any recognised university / Institution (Example: B.Com / M.Com / MBA / PGDBA - 2 years full time program)
Core Competencies (State the qualities, skills, behaviors and attitudes that the incumbent must possess in order to perform the responsibilities of this position.)
- Expert in Credit Card Operations (Pre-Issuance and Post Issuance Operations)
- Very good communication skills
- Lateral thinking & Quick Learner
- Excellent Team Player
- Aptitude for Risk identification & mitigation
Technical Competencies (List the technical knowledge and skills required for this position.)
- Excellent understanding of the MS-Office Tools like MS-Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc
- Working knowledge on tools like Python / DWH /Tera data preferred.
Work Relationship (State the essential working relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates as well as external parties which will contribute directly to the successful accomplishment of this job.)
- Excellent Team Player and able to manage the team members
- Presentation and Leadership qualities
- Working relationship with CBG & other business / Product teams, Risk Management Group, Finance, Operations Risk and Branches.
- Collaborative work management with Technology and CBG product to ensure straight through processing and digitization.