AMETEK - Director - Finance (14-20 yrs)
Main Purpose :
The Director Finance will have ultimate responsibility for administering AMETEK India & ME's accounting activities to meet the Corporation's objectives for accurately and comprehensively reporting its operating performance and the business units which it supports including most importantly, compliance with Indian law and AMETEK's policies and procedures, and the DLA of AMETEK India & ME.
As such, he/she will also be responsible for implementing new processes, systems and controls to enhance the control environment, and recruitment of financial resource where required. In addition, he/ she will have ultimate responsibility for all Corporate, Tax, Legal and Treasury matters and co-ordination with external auditors and Corporate functions.
Commercially focused, The Director Finance will also work closely with the India & ME Country Manager, peers and subordinates to provide strategic and tactical guidance and commercial support to AMETEK's businesses operating in, or wishing to operate in India & ME in the areas of sales, service, R&D /engineering, manufacturing and finance/ commercial/ IT/ back office process offshoring.
He/she will be responsible for assessing and communicating financial and business data to senior Division and Corporate management and play an integral role in developing AMETEK's long-term business strategy for India & ME.
Key Tasks :
- Provide overall financial leadership to the India & ME Country Manager.
- Maintaining effective internal control of all AMETEK operations to ensure continued control and protection of its assets, accurate reporting of its financial position and compliance with SOX.
- Promote AMETEK values, create an environment that supports & enhances compliance, performance, engagement & adaptability.
- Ensuring AMETEK financial reporting requirements are met through the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting of actual and forecast results and insightful financial analysis of business performance.
- Effectively lead, mentor, develop and coach finance and commercial team.
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in the commercial back office processes to support business growth.
- Providing Indian management with monthly and annual reviews of the organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Arranging for audits of company accounts and interfacing with internal and external audit staff and manage tax and treasury matters
- Preparation of budgets, review of budget proposals, and preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Support the India & ME Country Manager deliver strategic growth initiatives including directing special studies and analyses concerning economic and financial implications of existing and planned AMETEK business initiatives.
- Analyzing and evaluating business acquisitions and working closely with the India & ME Country Manager and Corporate management to develop and execute integration plans.
Key tasks - first 12 months :
- In Country financial leadership of multiple business unit sales, service, R&D/ Engineering and operations teams
- Ensure all AMETEK financial reporting requirements are delivered on time with accuracy and completeness.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective systems, processes and controls, and control overhead costs and expenses, including leading ERP upgrade.
- Ensure all contracts and arrangements are fully compliant
- Support Country Manager in growth strategy for AMETEK, including supporting short term growth activities and the development of a 3 year growth strategy with supporting budgets and forecasts, evaluation of new sales channels and business opportunities, and support M&A activity
- Assess finance and commercial structures and personnel. With Country Manager, build a plan to take finance/ commercial to the next level.
- Integrate acquired businesses or new AMETEK businesses operating in India & ME
- Develop effective working relationship with AMETEK BU controllers and Corporate HQ personnel.
Key Attributes :
- Must be fluent English with good written and oral communication ability - confident presenter
- Minimum degree qualified, appropriate professional Finance qualification. MBA desirable but not essential.
- A proven track record in strong Finance leadership preferably gained in a multisite, multi BU environment.
- Must have hands on style prepared to get involved in the detail and be compliance focused and data driven. These are key attributes of AMETEK business culture.
- Ability to work in complex, highly matrixed environment, with remote corporate Finance policy guidance and direction.
- HiPOT on the way up, hands on and hungry to develop further.
- At least 15 years- experience in Finance with more than 5 years as Finance leader - capacity to grow with the business.
- Experience of industrial markets, preferably in the electronic instruments sectors or A&D. Comfortable in technical / engineering / manufacturing related business.
- Familiarity with sales and service operations, R&D activity and light assembly.
- Worked for global, multi-national organisation, preferably USA owned
- Exposure to lean/ kaizen methodologies
- Strong IT skills and data driven. Experience of enhancing ERP environments.
- Experience of new business integration or business start-up
Scope & Scale :
- Country Finance responsibility - circa $70m revenues, 300 heads with high growth over the next 5 years driven by organic and M&A. Principle activities are sales and service, R&D - software, hardware and electromechanical, and offshoring - IT, finance and commercial back office.
- Contact with multiple BU's nationally and globally, AMETEK India & ME management and overhead, corporate functions.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.