Talent Acquisition at American Express
Views:4052 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Support I - Finance (0-3 yrs)
Why American Express?
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide combined with our leading-edge marketing, information management, and rewards capabilities enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for a 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work Hall of Fame.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We're widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
- Strong understanding of AR/AP process flow
- Control & Compliance mindset
- Project management
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for managing Balance sheet Reconciliation Preparation, Research & Clearance, Compliance, Governance and Analytics
- Overall governance of the Balance sheet accounts including supporting set up of new accounts on reconciliation platform. Collaborate with key stakeholders Treasury operations team, internal stakeholders, Regulators and Entity Controllers
- Manage to age of accounting & reconciliation of open items and keep them under desired limits
- The role would require to participate and lead in projects from their respective process perspective
- Continuously challenge the Status Quo and seek opportunity for process redesign
- Ensure Financial Integrity at all times and proactively identifying risks
- Ensure timely closure of AXP balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the internal linkages in driving projects
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of the accounts assigned
- Provide prompt and courteous service to the customer and clients
- Be professional in receiving and responding to seller queries
- Drive efficiency in the process
- Support the internal linkages in driving projects
- Meet and exceed the quality, cycle time & the other process SLA- s
- Promote positive relations with various stakeholders/ teams
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Follow up with users proactively and ensures that assigned cases are resolved in a timely manner
- Escalate open/ unresolved cases to the appropriate leadership
- Ensure the step by step resolution is properly recorded and appropriate trackers are maintained
- Stay up to date with any changes in the system/processes
- Post-Graduate/ Graduate in Commerce from a recognized university with minimum 0-3 years of relevant experience.
Skills Required: -
- The incumbent should either be a Graduate (B.Com or equivalent) or Post Graduate with around 0-2 years of relevant post qualification experience
- Must have strong skills in accounting, finance, and finance system controls. Understanding of various AMEX finance practices will be an advantage.
- Should have E2E knowledge about the Prepaid & Alternative Payments process/systems related to World Service, Process Operations.
- Must be aware of the various analytics, MIS related to BSR related processes.
- Must have the ability to influence outcomes and build strong relationships.
- Must have strong analytical skills, maturity, good judgment, positive/independent/ structured approach
- Should be able to operate in a Global environment
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact with senior leadership, multiple employee levels /business partners/customers.
- Must possess strong problem solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement, innovation
- Must be proficient in using standard MS office products especially in PowerPoint, Excel.
- Basic understanding and appreciation of automation capabilities
- Digital mindset and understanding of systems and automation tools like Machine Learning, AI, etc.
- Accounting Knowledge
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Oracle GL & SL
- MS Office
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage- Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.