TA Team at American Express
Views:3661 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Service Delivery Leader - Reporting & Advanced Analytics - Global Merchant Services (9-10 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There is a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people- s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This is a Band 35 Role:
Senior Service Delivery Leader - Reporting and Advanced Analytics
This leadership role will be part of the Global Merchant Services COE based out of Gurgaon supporting performance reporting and business analysis for GMS. The person will part of Advanced Analytics team for US and International market(EMEA & JAPA) and partner with our onsite Reporting & Analytics teams to support key objectives. The role will work closely with a number of stakeholders and is responsible for end-to-end support to the team on business insights and analytics. This team uses advanced reporting, analytical and visualization tools such as Tableau and SAS Enterprise Guide to mine data and report performance.
Operational Responsibilities :
- Manage day to day operations and pipeline of tasks for team and prepare and report critical team metrics like standardization, capacity, timeliness, accuracy etc
- Oversee the delivery of monthly performance and reporting and ensure integrity of data/Provide functional guidance to members in the team
- Measure and monitor business, service and people Metrics on a weekly/monthly basis and drive SLAs
- Perform annual updates of business rules. Manage key updates to reporting packages based on new requirements
- Drive Stakeholder engagements and governance calls for updates on projects, new project ideation
Business Insights and Advanced Analytics Responsibilities :
- Partner with stakeholders to identify business pain points and help solve business issues using Diagnostics, insights and predictive analytics capabilities
- Lead and steer team to conduct deep analysis to uncover trends, recommend business solutions and implement strategic initiatives
- Should be able to identify pipeline of projections linked to business goals and create frameworks and solutions
- Continuously measure the impact of business insights provided - $ value generated, key business KPI improvements
- Lead projects to build new reporting capabilities using Tableau/SAS/Big data
- Drive cross geography best practices on analytics and drive globalization and standardization on outputs
People Management :
- Lead a team of analysts and perform all people management functions
- Responsible for people capability development on statistical modeling, automation and insights generation & storytelling
- Accountable for CSAT score improvements in the relevant area of responsibility
- Continuously mentor and coach colleagues and team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 9-10 years of hands-on experience in SAS and Tableau with 2+ year of people handling experience.
- Team management and people leadership experience
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Engineering, Statistics, OR, Management, Science or other quantitative disciplines.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Advanced programming expertise in SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide
- Awareness and know how of industry best practices in analytics in financial sector
- Ability to handle large datasets and proven ability to align data needs to business strategies.
- Advance knowledge in Tableau or other similar BI tools preferred
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly. Will also need to gain knowledge in American Express proprietary Analytics Platforms
- Strong understanding of the data design and their relations to enable reporting and analytics
- Deep business knowledge to ensure end to end analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Minimum rating of G3L3 in the last completed appraisal
Critical Factors to Success :
- Advanced analytics capabilities
- People management
- Stakeholder engagement
Past Experience : 8-10 years in analytics role
Academic Background : Stats / MBA / BE /BTECH/ECONOMICS
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Job type : Permanent
Industry Type : Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.\\
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.