Senior Recruitment Specialist at American Express
Views:7741 Applications:298 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Financial Analysis Manager - CA/CPA (1-3 yrs)
- Finance is a collaborative team, playing a key role in advising all areas of the business. We have a strategic seat at the table and our unique insights are valued in a highly competitive marketplace and increasingly complex global regulatory environment.
- This team collaborates globally to deliver expert accounting, reporting & advisory services, and financial risk control & governance, while supporting business growth & protecting shareholder value.
Overview of Business:
- American Express Technology Controllership provides business advisory, reporting and accounting guidance to the Technology organizations.
- This team is a primary point of contact for the Technology business partners and LFO teams on a wide variety of accounting and reporting treatment. The Technology controllership teams are responsible for approximately $ 3 Billion in annual expenses.
- Support / Drive business growth through activities such as reviewing business contracts and transactions related to technology teams including hardware & software purchases and support services. The team advises the business and LFOs on accounting treatment related to Technologies contracts as per accounting policies and guidance
- Review and ensure timely and accurate end to end accounting of Technology contracts
- Understand accounting standard updates / changes in US GAAP, able to assess its impact on Technology processes with stakeholders and drive / implement the change to ensure compliance
- Work closely with business partners and able to build consensus to drive / implement appropriate accounting concepts
- Performs reviews, analysis and accruals for major AET vendors. Perform detailed validation of expenses and general ledger reviews during close to ensure all accruals are captured appropriately in the ledger
- Drive accurate monthly MIS/reporting on accounting transactions, trend analysis for stakeholders
- Build and sustain strong relationships with key Business and Finance partners, as well as counterparts within broader Controllership organization
- Identify, Initiate, drive and support processes redesign / improvement for best in class processes
- Reviews technology business financials, create roll forward analysis, establish variance commentary and finalize technology balances sheet review package
- Work with business partners in identifying risks and opportunities and support finalizing partners management reporting
Critical Factors to Success:
- Own & maintain financial/data integrity while managing end-to-end global accounting processes
- Stay relevant to the business/functional requirements
- Pro-actively develop meaningful data insights/trends to enable finance decision support to our customer- s/business partners for more
effective planning & forecasting activities
- Understand & leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team & create opportunities to support the automation team to get that implemented
Preferred: Knowledge of Oracle/ERP
- CA / CPA with 1-3 years of experience Post Graduate in Commerce with 2-3 years of experience Graduate with 4-6 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of technical accounting guidelines
- Strong understanding of financial statement & balance sheet reporting & analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
- Knowledge of financial systems
Knowledge of Platforms :
- Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Ability to use analytical tools for financial systems such as Oracle, IRIS, OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR),
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.