Senior Recruitment specialist at American Express
Views:5322 Applications:298 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Business Analyst - Sales & Business Enablement Team (2-6 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
- The incumbent should be tenured for a minimum of 12 months at Band 28 in the current role as on the date of application deadline.
- The incumbent should not be on level 3 or above counseling at the time of applying.
- The incumbent should have a performance rating of G3L3 or better in the last review
Function Description :
Purpose of the Role :
- Role is part of the Sales and Business Enablement (SABE) team based out of Gurgaon supporting analytics for GMS.
- The person will partner with our onsite US Small Merchant team to support key objectives.
- The person would be responsible for end-to-end analytics support to the team in defining, measuring and reporting of SM performance.
- To achieve results the team leverages advanced analytical tools such as Tableau and SAS Enterprise Guide to mine data and report performance.
- Monthly partner reporting and analytics for multiple regions
- Lead projects to build new reporting capabilities using Tableau/SAS/Big data
- Data Interpretation & Turn-key Analytic Solutions (Product Development)
- Works directly with project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements
- Monthly QC reporting for partner facing metrics to ensure data integrity
- Monthly Partner contractual reporting supporting Business Development process
- Thoroughly understand business and sales performance drivers. Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains business solutions. Perform annual updates of business rules. Manage key updates to reporting packages based on new requirements.
- Strong understanding of data & analysis and be able to apply a business lens to their work.
- Lead effort to automate and standardize reporting processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Provide functional guidance to members in the team
- Lead efforts in creation of Standard operating Procedures and other documentations
- Conduct in-depth analysis to uncover trends, recommend business solutions and implement strategic
initiatives. Provide analytical support to Business Unit Scorecards and reviews
- Learn cross functional domains and technologies to support back-up planning
Critical Factors to Success :
- Ability to handle large datasets and proven ability to align data needs to business strategies. Programming in SAS or SQL must have
Past Experience : Atleast 2 years in analytics and reporting role
Academic Background : Graduate / Post Graduate in Engineering, Statistics, OR, Management, Science or other quantitative disciplines
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Experience in Credit Card industry preferred Key Skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skill along with strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Strong experience in creating presentation decks and presenting findings effectively
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Programming experience in Python/Hive/SAS
- Ability to handle large datasets and proven ability to align data needs to business strategies.
Knowledge of Platforms :
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly. Will also need to gain knowledge in American Express proprietary Analytics Platforms
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
- Team Player
- Can do attitude
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors :
Set The Agenda : Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You : Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way : Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time) : Full-time
Job type : Permanent
Industry Type : Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.