Talent Acquisition at American Express
Views:2587 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Quality Control Analyst - Data Analytics - Internal Audit Group (4-6 yrs)
Purpose of the Role :
The DAI team supports global audits across all business lines and functional areas of American Express. The right candidate for this role will have a strong analytics background with even stronger interest in business process, risks, and controls. The Quality control function under DAI is responsible to make sure all the analytics produced by the DAI developers are accurate, refined and ties back to the audit risks.
- Independently review analytics, code, and visualizations for completeness and accuracy
- Assess whether the analytics addresses the audit objective with clear linkage to internal controls that supports data driven audit conclusions
- Document all quality review work using standard operating procedures and checklists
- Effectively communicate QC results to the developer in a clear easy to understand manner
- Collaboratively work with the analytics developer to resolve analytic errors, optimize the coding logic and standardize analytics development and documentation convention.
- Aggregate thematic issues from quality control review results to assist in the development and improvement of data analytics practices.
- Contributes in improvement of Quality control methodology.
- Supports in developing plans for ongoing quality assurance and change control protocol.
- Assists the QC Manager in leading quality control initiatives under the guidance of Data Analytics VP.
- 2- 4 years- experience as Business Systems Analyst/Data Analyst including project planning and management, software analysis and design.
Academic Background :
- B.E/B.Tech or master's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Experience within internal audit or banking/finance industry preferred.
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness to quickly and independently identify gaps, debug code, and produce results.
- Ability to understand data, break down a business problem and do brainstorming whilst considering timelines and result-driven approach
- Display learning interest and thought leadership.
- Attention to detail and analyitcal mindset.
- Experience with Amex system like Cornerstone
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, R, SAS, Microsoft Excel, Hive, and/or Spark
- Experience with Data visualization (Tableau), KRIs, KPIs, and Scorecards
Knowledge of Platforms : Cornerstone, Terradata
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors :
- Set The Agenda : Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You : Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way : Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.