Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2835 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Project Analyst II - Strategy & Process Improvement - Accounting & Reporting Process (3-5 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don't make a difference without it. Don- t live life without it.
The Strategy & Process Improvement (S&PI) team is responsible for identifying, scoping, planning and executing transformational projects for Controllership and Finance. The team supports the Finance organization (with a primary focus on Controllership) to deliver projects that improve processes, provide efficiency, enhance the control environment, support business growth activities and implement new technologies.
Responsibilities : This role is a critical part of the S&PI organization and has responsibility for supporting transformational initiatives within Controllership and Finance. This role is responsible for participating in projects across Controllership and Finance, including system deployments that involve working closely with the Technologies organization. Please note, if this is a lateral move for you a salary increase will not be provided, except in very limited cases.
- Supporting the delivery of initiatives that enable Global Controllership and other Finance organizations to deliver processing efficiencies, improve control and compliance, and expand the utilization of technology in support of their strategic roadmap.
- Contribute to the development of project plans, helping to define deliverables, tasks, and timelines
- Owning specific deliverables within the project plan and executing against those deliverables with a high degree of quality.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships and maintain effective communications with team members, stakeholders, and technology and business partners to effectively influence the achievement of project objectives.
- Supporting project implementation through the use of standard end-to-end processes, controls, and dashboards/metrics.
- Adhering to project standards and governance models and applying consistent project delivery methodologies and standards. This position will report to the Manager, Strategy and Process Improvement within the Global Controllership Strategy and Process Improvement
- At minimum, three years of experience with American Express accounting and reporting processes, including financial and regulatory reporting.
- A good understanding of Finance systems and the business processes supported by those systems, Strong business analysis skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills and have the ability to focus on task execution, while maintaining a holistic view.
- Flexibility, ability to prioritize multiple demands and manage in a matrix organization.
- Transformational approach to process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Good communication, both written and verbal, facilitation and presentation writing skills. Ability to handle a high pressure environment, decision making in challenging situations.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work independently
- High Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is a requirement
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.