Senior Recruiter at American Express
Views:736 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Product Manager - Platform Health Monitoring (8-16 yrs)
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
American Express is on a journey to provide the world's best customer experience every day. The Commercial Data Office (CoDO) team, within Global Commercial Services (GCS), is focused on powering the best customer experience and business growth through data. With continuous changes in the regulatory environment and innovation through data evolving, CoDO plays a key role in strengthening GCS critical enablers and supporting new opportunities. In partnership with the Enterprise Data Office and across GCS, CoDO is tasked with building new, innovative data solutions for our customers, while adhering to regulations and data management best practices.
The team's scope is comprised of 3 pillars:
- Drive Strategic Growth & Revenue -Defining the vision and roadmap to transform data as a key asset to power business growth.
- Modernize Data Management -Ongoing data management, data discovery and collaboration across Global Commercial Services
- Ensure Health of the Commercial Business - Striving for 100% reliability of current data platforms and capabilities while developing more agility and scalability for the future
Purpose of the Role :
This role is part of Data Sharing Capabilities team & would be responsible for developing, delivering, and owning capability for health monitoring of B2B commercial data sharing platform as well as proactively tracking, alerting & actioning on any data or process related aberration. The candidate would be analyzing & mining data, conceptualizing the required capabilities, creating a proof of concept/ prototype, and finally partnering with technology for automation & scaling.
- Developing, owning, and executing product roadmap, working with stakeholders across the organization and our customer base to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Translating product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizing & maintaining the sprint backlog for your product, balancing requirements of customers & stakeholders.
- Working closely with Engineering team to shape design, build, test products, & ensure high-quality, on-time delivery
- Assess the current data sharing capabilities to identify gaps in data and process aspects
- Work with various governance, data quality, data management & data ingestion team to establish right data rules
- Partner with data users and stakeholders to define right SLAs for process and accordingly design alerting mechanism
- Leverage enterprise tools wherever possible for system health monitoring by collaborating with right teams
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing modern health monitoring solutions
- Coordinating communication, escalating & facilitating resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to manage and prioritize product and platform release
- Creating ROI analyses and optimization recommendations.
- Lead, inspire & mentor a team of analyst(s) to deliver impactful internal & external customer capabilities
- Build and nurture a highly engaged and strong performing team that has right blend of subject knowledge, collaboration and focus on driving business results
Critical Factors to Success:
- Deliver high quality & accurate data capabilities results in timely manner and build best in class solutions
- Understanding and anticipating the client's needs to manage the development process more effectively
- Accountable for the strategic Agile delivery framework and determine roadmaps for products
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role's agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with an innovative mindset and deliver the world's best customer experiences every day
- 5+ years of relevant experience as product owner / development / manager
- In-depth knowledge of Agile Scum process and principles
- Experience in data quality management, issue management, process adherence & data governance
- MBA or Bachelor/Advanced degree in computer science, information technology, information management
- Experience in data product/capability development & solution designing
- Strong command on data quality management and frameworks
- Hands-on worked with various statistical methods for data profiling and threshold assessment
- Experience in working with technology to drive capability build & automation
- Strong change orientation, creative thinking and effective in being part of flexible agile teams
- Ability to independently analyze, conceptualize and prototype solutions
- Strong technical skills in understanding and deploying enterprise level application systems
- Data profiling, checks and quality monitoring through custom applications as well as vendor tools
- Data visualization and reporting for tracking, monitoring & alerting
Knowledge of Platforms
- SQL/Hive for product data analysis
- JIRA for User Stories and Agile Scrum Management
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
- American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.