TA Team at American Express
Views:7626 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
American Express - Manager - Product Development (6-10 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The CFR team helps drive profitable business growth by reducing the risk of fraud and maintaining our customers' confidence in the security of our products. It utilizes an array of tools and ever-evolving technology to detect and combat fraud, minimize the disruption of good spending and provide a world-class customer experience. The team leads efforts that leverage data and digital advancements to improve service and risk management as well as enable commerce and drive innovation. CFR is responsible for developing and monitoring statistical models for predicting individual and commercial' behaviors such as credit risk, fraud risk, spending and revolve. These models are used for key business decisions made across the customer life cycle to manage risk and rudently take and manage risk in a viable way
Purpose of the Role:
Partner with Risk colleagues to develop world class big data based warehouse.
The responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Lead a team of developers and analysts to deliver organized data layer tables within Cornerstone.
- Provide direction and mentorship to group of programmers / analyists per demand
- Owns the delivery of risk variables derivation, organization and rollout on proprietary Cornerstone/ODL platform using Big Data Tools and Framework.
- Contribute into evaluating and/or developing right tools, common components, and capabilities
- Develops deep understanding of business logic, intent and long term objectives to align priorities and develop long life solutions.
- Identify, evaluate and Mitigate Risks
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
Critical Factors to Success:
- Design and Develop the next generation of data warehouse (Cornerstone) for Risk. Lead the development of Organized data layer using centralized data definitions.
- Drive capabilities innovation & resultant business growth by applying existing & emerging technologies to deliver against customer goals
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role's agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers,partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Computer Science or related streams
- 6+ years relevant experience Preferred
- Strong Understanding of Risk Systems
- Understanding of Project Management (Agile)
- Advanced data modelling techniques
- Understanding of warehousing
- Hive / Spark/ Python
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of Platforms:
- Amex Data Systems
- Cornerstone/ Teradata warehouse/CAS / GAM/GNA / GCAP
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.