Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2178 Applications:583 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Systems (3-8 yrs)
"I began working at American Express in 2007 through a campus recruitment program. I now lead a team managing business intelligence tools and platforms, creating data capabilities and insights for measuring the performance of acquisition channels, marketing campaigns, cobrand products & Digital experience channels. It’s been exciting and rewarding!"
Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence Engineering
You Lead the Way. Weve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, youll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey thats unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, youll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impactevery colleague has the opportunity to share in the companys success. Together, well win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the worlds best customer experience every day. And well do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
- This position is part of a team that manages the data and business architecture for pan finance solutions within the Finance, Technology & Transformation group.
- The primary responsibility for this role is to lead the end-to-end data and process architecture and delivery for projects for multiple line of businesses within Finance organization at American Express.
- This role will primarily be responsible for determining the proper sources and processes for acquiring, enriching, and provisioning data required by Finance processes in the following major areas: Financial Reporting, Operational Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Management Reporting, and Advanced Analytics processes.
The jobs focus will also include - but not limited to:
- Lead the analysis of Finance process and system requirements
- Define the functional design for data acquisition, enrichment, and provisioning process.
- Partner with Finance stakeholders and Technology partners to design, build, test and deploy solutions to fulfill Finance process requirements.
- Test case and plan creation, execution, and coordination
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Finance process analysis
- Work with the Finance process owners and other teams to understand and document their process requirements in terms of data and required transformations
- Participate in development of plans and strategies, best practices, and standards related to data management processes, data products, data security and programs
- Work with product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a prioritized list of data requirements / user stories
- Document processing requirements, including data and transaction volumes, scalability, security and performance requirements
- Work with Technology, Finance partners, source system owners, and other stakeholders to locate the data required by Finance and ensure the data architecture design supports Finances accounting, reporting and analytics requirements
- Identify required reference data needs and design the processes for collecting and maintaining reference data
- Design processes to acquire the required data and ensure data integrity, accuracy, and completeness
- Design processes to enrich and provision data to the required Finance processes
- Contribute to decisions about tools, methods and approaches.
Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Work with Technology, Finance partners, source system owners, and other stakeholders, to deploy solutions across the appropriate Finance user base
- Build and deploy solutions to acquire, enrich and provision the required data and ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness
- Perform data validation as part of Finance user testing as needed.
- Lead the creation and execution of systems integration and pre-user acceptance testing plans and test cases.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Information Management, Data Management or similar field preferred
- Previous work experience in various Finance disciplines such as Accounting, Financial Reporting,
- Regulatory Reporting, Management Reporting, Treasury, Tax, Banking and others., Data Management, and other data related projects
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and data management concepts; knowledge of SQL or other query languages.
- Basic understanding of Big Data environments (unstructured, structured) and related technologies (e.g., ELT, Machine Learning).
- Basic understanding of Agile methodology and delivery concepts
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong relationship skills
- Previous experience working closely with Technologies to deploy systems to re-engineer processes and solve complex business problems.
- Transformational approach to Process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and dedicated to the delivery of high quality service to consistently exceeds customers expectations
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life.
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.