Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1265 Applications:315 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Finance Data Governance (8-13 yrs)
"I began working at American Express in 2007 through a campus recruitment program. I now lead a team managing business intelligence tools and platforms, creating data capabilities and insights for measuring the performance of acquisition channels, marketing campaigns, cobrand products & Digital experience channels. It’s been exciting and rewarding!"
Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence Engineering
- As part of the Financial Reporting Quality Assurance Organization (FRQA) within Corporate Controllership, this role is responsible for bringing and managing data under governance for Finance.
Finance Data Governance (FDG) team is leading the effort of defining the future roadmap for data governance within Finance.
- This manager will support the Data Quality Center of Excellence team responsible for monitoring the health of governed data and support remediation of data quality issues.
- The FDG Manager is a collaborator, a well-organized, action-oriented individual with exceptional leadership and time management skills, confident in presenting, facilitating, and building a network of strong relationships across our organization.
- Support the FDG Director overseeing the Data Quality Center of Excellence Team.
- Log identified issues with Central in a timely manner.
- Work with various stakeholders to perform necessary root cause analysis and support remediation of identified issues.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to stay aligned with remediation efforts.
- Preparation of data quality scorecards and metrics to monitor the health of data.
- Participate in various aspects of Data Governance including data activation steps, compliance with data standards and privacy regulations.
- Support strategic improvements to data assessment process and making necessary enhancements to data analytical and data quality tools.
- Lead root-cause-analysis of data quality issues and support in remediation of Audit and Regulatory feedback.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Data.
- 8+ years of work experience in Banking/Financial Services.
- Experience of Finance, Banking, or similar industries is a strong plus.
- Technical and data analysis skills with prior experience with SQL is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Agile methodology and delivery concepts or other project management methodologies including SDLC.
- Strong relationship skills and communication is essential as the role require partnering with multiple groups e.g., Business process owners, Technologies, and Enterprise Data Governance.
- Self-motivated and proactive, ability to manage multiple assignments and projects concurrently within tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively manage in a matrix organization.