HR at American Express
Views:5596 Applications:301 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
American Express - Manager - Channel Sales (4-7 yrs)
This position is responsible for driving business through the PSF team comprising front-line relationship officers. The position will demand the candidate to take the ownership of building a team, manage the end to end sales cycle and developing the city on the map of ICSS Sales
The duties and responsibilities of this position include :
1) Build a strong premium sales team, which is focused on acquisition of premium prospects through consultative selling approach instead of push sales culture. Focus on strong relationship oriented approach
2) Build a strong Sales culture that reflects and strengthens the Amex Brand - customer experience at every touch point.
3) Driving business through defined channels of acquisition
4) Obtaining and analyzing market intelligence & implementing market share strategies.
5) Develop strong interfaces with Operations to understand and contribute to Card approval process.
6) Analyze applications/NCA on an ongoing basis to ensure that metrics on approval rates, cancellation rates, declines and spend behavior etc are met
7) Ensuring all performance standards are met viz.
- Sales results
- Business targets
- Controls and compliance
- People development
- Sales productivity
8) Team handling:
- Monitoring and evaluating team performance
- Acquiring and developing new talent
- Ensuring on-going team coaching and development
- Creating a culture that motivates, empowers and retains talent
9) Focus on the key metrics:
- New card acquisition (NAA) from the sales team
- Cost of acquisition
- % of acquisitions that are HVCM
- First year attrition rate
- Deployment of people practices such as PMP, coaching & feedback
- Attrition of team members
- Controls and compliance
- Post Graduates having minimum 4 years of relevant sales experience.
- Minimum 2 years of team management experience
- Excellent Inter personal and communication skills.
- Preferably from Retail, Banking, Insurance & financial services sector.
- Achieve aggressive corporate card sales targets in the geography through a focus on winning new business to the franchise via new clients aggressively
- Manage the sales pipeline ensuring the pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects in the pipeline
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for increasing interactive penetration and improving operational economics
- Fully engaging in the performance management and development planning process lead the sales strategies to penetrate all segments within prescribed territory in middle market live the blue box values, including - Personal Accountability- and - Will to Win-
- Develop linkages with the implementation team to facilitate fast efficient implementations of won business
- Develop relationships across distribution partners e.g. travel agents, expense management providers, consultants, etc. coordinates efforts/resources within and across teams to deliver goals
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives; brings in ideas, information, suggestions and expertise from others outside the immediate team
- Builds strong team relationships within and across teams
- Retaining and growing the margins in our new business wins
- Mapping of the overall market potential within prescribed territory to determine organization's current market share and market opportunity for corporate card demonstrate a strong knowledge of external competitor activity and market trends to be able to effectively position our products though differentiated selling
- Network within the industry, community, business, and customers to stay current on issues impacting customers
- Be self-motivated and maintain consistent high levels of energy and focus
- Act with integrity
- Show energy and resilience
GLOBAL TALENT ACQUISITION