Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:689 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Engineering Director - Technology Infrastructure Managed Services (10-14 yrs)
Job Description :
The Engineering Director, TIMS Operations East (Technology Infrastructure Managed Services), works with the VP of Infrastructure Service Reliability Engineering and is accountable for maintaining the highest level of availability for the mid range environment. This role will partner and work closely with the Director of TIMS Operations West to provide premier mid range infrastructure services to our hosting customers. This combined team will focus on investigating events, circumventing incidents, deploy customer change requests and actively leading availability.
Responsibilities Include :
- Responsible for ensuring availability targets are exceeded for all platforms and customers
- Recommends technology related strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Drive operational efficiencies via automation of repetitive tasks / issues
- Provide IT thought leadership to deliver premier customer focused mid range infrastructure services
- Lead end-to-end incident management including responding to automated alerts and customer reported issues and root cause analysis and implement permanent resolution
- Lead change management for the AXP managed midrange environment
- Manage compliance via Installing security patches and operating system updates as per security needs
- Drive infrastructure hygiene and infrastructure currency programs
- Act as a change agent to continuously improve the delivery of midrange infrastructure services
- Act as a main liaison between IT and the Business for midrange services
- Improve value from Service Providers in partnership with Vendor Management
- Committed to our diverse workforce goals ensuring equal opportunities for all our team members
- Develop relationships with customers to help them through their challenges and goals of the company
- Provide support during enterprise level crisis management. Identify, handle, and resolve issues/risks and escalations to leadership team as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- 10+ years of experience leading IT Infrastructure Operations
- Working knowledge of Midrange technology (i.e. RedHat Linux, Windows Server, VMware, Nutanix, Oracle) monitoring and management tools, automation technologies, concepts, and standard methodologies
- Shown Operations Management experience and infrastructure production support experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading global teams of employees, contractors and vendor partners
- Strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy to deliver creative solutions for problem resolution
- Experience working with and communicating to senior leaders in technologies and the business
- Ability to make sound decisions, handle escalations under pressure
- Ability to lead multiple projects with changing priorities
- Proven interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to challenge traditional thinking by engaging in constructive dialogue
- Experience in IT Service Management processes, ITIL certified a plus
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.