Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2047 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Engineering Director - Financial Data Engineering (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey that is driven by an energetic team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join Finance Data Engineering Technology team where we partner with Finance business team to drive strategic vision across a broad set of products.
- This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the technical hands-on expertise, engineering mindset and desire to deliver innovative solutions for finance business then come and join the Finance Data Engineering team.
- In this challenging position you will be responsible for the engineering excellence and execution effectiveness, leading a team of developing and implementing technology solutions in support of the American Express Finance group and Enterprise Capabilities.
- Key objectives for the role includes leading and building platforms and capabilities at Enterprise level and in support of Finance strategic vision.
- Engineering Directors lead engineering teams, mentoring and delivery of products, cultivating continual improvement in processes service quality, and strategic planning. improvement in processes and service quality while cultivating an environment of continuous improvement. So if leading a product team in a fast paced, hands-on technical solutioning and agile environment is second nature to you, there- s no better place to build a career.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Technical ownership for several applications and platforms within the Finance Data Engineering organization in support of Finance Organization and Enterprise products.
- Technical ownership for Robotics, Machin Learning Platform, .NET well as COTS products within the portfolio.
- Driving engineering solutions to enable real time streaming capability.
- Development and maintenance of several critical applications, service integrations, and capabilities supporting the portfolio
- Partnering with technical leaders across a broader American Express Technology ecosystem to design platform architecture and drive continuous improvements of new frameworks/patterns.
- Ensuring availability and performance of platforms.
- Supporting and transforming the portfolio into an Agile/Lean, SAFe enabled as required by product-centric organization
- Cultivating an environment of engineering culture
- Identifying and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce and engineering talent.
- Leading software development teams and acting as an escalation point to remove impediments
- Engaging in solution design and ensuring alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Manage relationship with product owners, technology colleagues and other business stakeholders globally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of large-scale hands-on Software Product Engineering experience with full stack (preferred) tools and Agile delivery methods in a complex environment
- Hands-on engineering experience of leveraging Open Source and Machine Learning for delivering large scale enterprise solutions is a must.
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a highly competitive market
- Deep understanding of the product / technology Platform's underlying technology stack and its core components. Exposure to full stack preferred.
- Strong systems integration architecture skills and a high degree of hands-on technical expertise, ranging across a number of technologies with a proven track record of turning new technologies into business solutions
- Experience managing in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross communication process
Job type - Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.