Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1465 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Engineering Director (8-11 yrs)
Job Description :
American Express has embarked on an exciting modernization and transformation journey that is driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
Contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation highly available, cloud native platform for the mission critical American Express platform modernization initiative.
The platform will leverage modern programming languages i.e. Java, Node.js, and Go Lang, which will enable new payment products and support our existing business. Create an innovative platform that is virtualized in Native Cloud, and can be deployed regionally to support local business while remaining compliant to regional regulatory needs. The role will provide you with an opportunity to identifyi innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
As a Director of Platform Delivery, the primary responsibilities will be to build a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 data processing Platform and its tools. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. The incumbent needs to work closely with their US counterparts to deliver a data processing platform that is capable of powering the American Express payments.
Responsibilities Include :
- Fostering innovation and experimentation, delivering software solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations
- Providing technical leadership and apply best practices to further leading-edge solutions
- Leading an Agile Release Train following SAFe Principles
- Ensuring product releases are of high quality, that delivers excellent user experiences, and is compliant with regulatory requirements
- Liaising with the product teams and establishing highly collaborative partnerships
- Developing a fun culture enabling high employee engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
- Leading a team in an environment which includes modern web frameworks, continuous integration/continuous delivery tool chains, and the full software development lifecycle using industry research and emerging technologies to ensure we are appropriately leveraging new techniques and capabilities
- Recruit and cultivate top talent by driving technical and leadership development
- Bachelor's in Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent
- Overall 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering leading - edge software solutions coupled with a proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
- Leadership skills with extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Agile application development methodology. Knowledge of SAFe 4.5 will be preferred
- Hands on development experience in multiple languages including Go, Java, and RESTful API's along with strong knowledge on databases including modern NoSQL DBs like Couchbase, and Cassandra
- Development experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies
- Proficiency with DevOps and related tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, and AppDynamics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership across the organization
- Good at building relationships and proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization
- Hands on development experience in the following environments is preferred: Java,Go, Vert.x, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis, Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernates, OpenShift, Drools, ELK Stack, Kafka, Prometheus
- Professional attributes for success:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.