HR at American Express
Views:964 Applications:288 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
American Express - Engineering Director (13-19 yrs)
ReqId - 20000681
Exp : 13 + Years
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
- American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
- Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
- American Express Global Card Network Platform authorizes and processes all of the company's customer card transactions. The Card Network platform is the critical back bone for all of American Express card transactions, and is a near real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year.
- American Express is making strategic investments in new card network products and platforms to allow the company to meet its ambitious global growth agenda. American Express is looking for strong leaders and engineers to be part of high energy and efficient teams that will build and support our next generation card network systems.
As our Director of Engineering, you will join our global technology team that has embarked on building a highly available and scalable distributed systems on the cloud to support the company's long-term strategy and vision. Your primary responsibility is to build and support capabilities of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Card Network Authorizations/Routing, Clearing and Settlement.
- ATM, Debit, Credit and Push Payment Transactions.
- Platform Engineering and Foundational Capabilities of distributed systems
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering on Cloud
- You will be responsible for building capabilities of a distributed transaction processing infrastructure and payment processing business logic by leveraging that platform. Leading and engaging technical teams that builds/deploys high throughput systems.
- You will constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks. Stepping into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader
- Ensure on time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision of next generation card processing systems.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
Minimum Qualifications :
- You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 8+ years of work experience.
- Have built and delivered large scale enterprise systems/products and have extensive hands-on experience. Preferably delivered and supported products as Cloud hosted services.
- Experience building highly available and low latency distributed systems. Experience building systems as service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture.
- Keen awareness of concerns in a massively distributed systems and effective solutions.
- Experience in Linux cloud (Kubernetes) environment supporting applications built using language like Java, Go, Node.js and NoSQL databases like Couchbase, Cassandra, Redis.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Have experience leading engineering teams and in agile methodologies, have enabled DevOps mindset, processes and tools
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Excellent judgment and constant pursuit of higher standards, a passion to build and nurture high efficiency teams.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership.