Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1657 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Legal Counsel (15-20 yrs)
Job Description :
As part of the General Counsel's Organization of American Express, this role will be intrinsic part of the legal team of American Express in India.
This is a broad role for a versatile and adaptable lawyer, covering important areas of legal support for American Express businesses in India and related activities with a focus on regulatory, commercial contracts, data protection, insurance, information technology, payment system and litigation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented lawyer to make a key contribution to a fast-growing business within the American Express group.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Be an expert in banking and payments regulations, identification of applicable laws, interpretation, monitoring and compliance in a high growth fast paced environment.
- Provide legal advice in easy to implement manner, win trust and confidence of business clients and colleagues by demonstrating high quality legal interpretation, clear drafting and business understanding.
- Ability to draft, review, negotiate and amend all types of business contracts for the company.
- Advises on the impact of new and existing laws, regulations and codes on current or proposed business activities.
- Represents the company with credibility, advance preparedness and persuasiveness in external forums such as regulatory and industry meetings and contract negotiations.
- Provides strategic, tactical and other general guidance and advice to management, whether on specific projects or transactions or in relation to standard business processes.
- Proactively protects the brand and reputation of American Express by legal advice and guidance to management supported by energetic internal advocacy.
- Manages legal expenses to budget for allocated markets and projects.
- Have excellent people management skills
- Qualified lawyer with 15+ years post qualification experience in an MNC environment in the banking and payments industry (with stability, consistency and proven track record).
- Experience in credit cards, prepaid cards, ecommerce, fintech, privacy, anti-trust and litigation would be an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, in particular the ability to explain complex legal matters clearly and concisely to non-specialists in a MNC environment and the presence to gain credibility with senior and demanding colleagues.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively in diverse multi/cross-cultural environment. Maintains serenity, resilience and clear thinking through stressful, confrontational and fast-changing situations.
- Ability to build and lead a high performing team as well as work as an individual contributor.
- Sees connections and wider implications for Blue Box of individual line-of-business strategies and activities.
- Thinks quickly and decisively and/or wins time for appropriate analysis, rigor and reflection, as circumstances may require.
- Most importantly a positive attitude, growth mindset, will to win and a team player.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.