Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2455 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Government Affairs - India (10-15 yrs)
The Director of Government will be responsible for leading American Express strategy for engaging with policy makers, governments, and industry associations in India:
- Advocate for the public policy and business priorities of American Express with policy makers and regulators. Monitor and analyze policy issues relating to all aspects of American Express business, but primarily those issues affecting the provision of payment services.
- Support American Express business objectives through detailed analyses of the political and regulatory landscape and work with American Express public affairs, general counsel's office, compliance and external parties to advance the company's positions.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications to develop successful external engagement strategies. Provide counsel on the broader policy implications for specific business activities.
- Draft communications, presentations, and briefings to inform company leaders on important developments and prepare senior executives for meetings with external parties or associations.
- Conduct issue-specific research important to American Express advocacy agenda, drawing on knowledge of the regulatory process and the ability to acquire needed information quickly through a variety of sources.
- Build relationships with key individuals within regulatory agencies and other relevant industry groups to advocate on the company's behalf on policies that could influence the growth and competitiveness of American Express.
- Interact regularly with industry representatives, trade groups, and other interests to further the company's advocacy efforts.
- The successful applicant will have at least ten years- experience working in government or government agencies, or with trade associations or other industry groups.
- The applicant should have strong knowledge of the financial services industry and experience working with government entities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- It is also necessary to demonstrate a proven ability to both negotiate and to manage a number of projects concurrently.
- This person should have a strong focus on meeting the needs of their customers and clients, while representing both themselves and American Express with the highest level of integrity.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Marketing
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.