Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1261 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Engineering (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
- Provide strong leadership and oversight over the design and development of web applications globally.
- Apply a user-centered approach and is passionate about building better digital experiences for real people.
- Be a compelling storyteller with experience communicating complex technical concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.Provide technology leadership; inspire your team and proactively bring new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table.
- Coach and mentor the professional and technical development of your team members, maximizing team productivity and growing their careers by understanding your team- s skill levels, working styles, motivations, and professional goals.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, stakeholders, developers, designers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
- Oversee agile, iterative, predictable product development at large scale.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic and technical leadership.
- Strong technical background demonstrated by growing through multiple engineering leadership roles of increasing seniority.
- Possess a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience building and shipping well-loved large scale web products.
- Experience managing large engineering teams using a servant leadership mindset.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- 5+ years of experience leading project teams to take projects from concept to completion
- 2+ years experience as a hands-on architect with the ability to design and architect large scale web applicationsCollaborate with the delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Strong Experience in UI Frameworks such as NodeJS, AngularJS and React
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Deep understanding of quality standards and best practices, TDD/BDD concepts, and automation best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Experience with matrix organizations consisting of cross-functional teams and experience in driving large-scale change efforts.
- Hands on experience with technology planning and road mapping
- Ability to drive innovation in practical, actionable way
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.