Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1988 Applications:430 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Data Governance & Management (8-13 yrs)
"I began working at American Express in 2007 through a campus recruitment program. I now lead a team managing business intelligence tools and platforms, creating data capabilities and insights for measuring the performance of acquisition channels, marketing campaigns, cobrand products & Digital experience channels. It’s been exciting and rewarding!"
Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence Engineering
As part of the Financial Reporting Quality Assurance Organization (FRQA) within Corporate Controllership, this role is responsible for bringing and managing data under governance for Finance. Finance Data Governance (FDG) team is leading the effort of defining the future roadmap for data governance within Finance. This director will create and lead a Data Quality Center of Excellence team responsible for monitoring the health of governed data and support remediation of data quality issues.
The FDG Director is a collaborator, a well-organized, action-oriented individual with exceptional leadership and time management skills, confident in presenting, facilitating, and building a network of strong relationships across our organization.
- Deliver on the Finance Data Governance implementation roadmap including priorities identified as part of Project Fast Forward.
- Implementing requirements of the Enterprise Data Governance Policy within various critical Finance systems/processes.
- Advancing the data governance strategy by developing a framework for monitoring, communicating and remediating data quality issues.
- Work with various stakeholders to perform necessary root cause analysis and support remediation of identified issues.
- Serve as a liaison between Business/Functional areas and Technology to ensure that data related business requirements for governing data are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood.
- Lead the preparation of data quality scorecards and metrics to monitor the health of data.
- Leading a team of professionals with a focus on continuing to develop fintech skillset.
- Managing and responding to requests from Regulators on an as-needed basis.
- Masters degree in finance/accounting.
- 8+ years of work experience in Banking/Financial Services.
- Knowledge of AXP financial and regulatory reporting is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Agile methodology and delivery concepts or other project management methodologies.
- Proven people leadership experience and ability to attract, engage and retain high caliber global talent.
- Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills with a proven track of positively collaborating, influencing, and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with ability to communicate highly complex concepts and processes in simple terms and pragmatically across Finance, Business and Technology stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively manage in a matrix organization.
- We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life.
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.