Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1804 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Delivery Leader - Finance (5-7 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This Delivery Leader - Finance position in the Credit & Fraud Risk Controllership (C&FRC) organization will play a key role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the AXP financial statements and proactively mitigate controllable financial risk. As part of a world-class Controllership group, the C&FRC organization is responsible for managing end to end credit and fraud process from reserve adequacy assessment through to the external and regulatory reporting.
Additionally, the C&FRC processes will undergo a significant change with the implementation of CECL (New US GAAP) effective January 2020. The incumbent will also contribute and support the team goal of CECL implementation through effective change management and project governance. This position will also work closely with the C&FRC Business Advisory and Financial instrument projects groups in the US for day to day deliverables
- Play a key role in ensuring credit reserves are adequate, accurately and timely book
- Responsible for Credit metrics reporting & regulatory reporting
- Prepare externally disclosed footnotes and regulatory filings for worldwide Accounts Receivable, Loans and related reserves for American Express and subsidiaries and related analyses
- Prepare monthly internal provision and reserve reporting and MIS in support of RIB Finance and communicating to business partners
- Project manage and drive CECL changes for the portfolio managed and support change management goal of the team
- Lead ad-hoc projects to perform deep dives and improve control environment and process improvement
- Support internal and external audit reviews and controls including SOX PRSA Management
- Manage the team of 1-2 resources
An offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 5-7 years of financial and accounting experience including strong technical accounting knowledge in US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting
- Degree in Accounting / Finance, CPA or CA preferred
- Experience with credit reserves and portfolio analysis, financial modeling and accounting
- Experience with financial reporting requirements and processes
- Strong knowledge of Amex systems (Triumph, Globestar, Oracle), strong MS Excel capability (advanced Excel formulas)
- Experience in control activities under SOX 404
- Strong process orientation and analytical problem-solving skills, demonstrated process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong collaboration and relationship skills
- Results driven, self-starter, able to lead and influence without direct authority
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively manage in a matrix organization
- Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching and developing direct reports
- The incumbent should be tenured for a minimum of 18 months at Band 30 or Band 35 in the current role as on the date of the application deadline.
- The incumbent should not be on level 3 or above counseling at the time of applying.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.