Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2639 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Delivery Leader - Finance (3-5 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don't make a difference without it. Don- t live life without it.
Job Description :
The position requires representing AXP Finance in business facing investment initiatives such as new product launch, revenue enhancements, controls and compliance, system implementation. The individual is required to Lead multiple finance initiatives and projects by taking full ownership of all aspects of the regional and global strategic projects throughout the product lifecycle and ensure compliance to AEMP16 in support of processing and balancing controls to ensure data integrity and controls.
The incumbent will be responsible to :
- Partner with management and business to proactively seek innovation and improvements within the specific processes to enhance service levels, improve finance processes and increase productivity
- Influence the inter-relationships between one's own area of responsibility and that of others to lead Project initiatives
- Capability of thinking 'Outside the Box' with a view to increase productivity and implement initiatives towards automation / Standardization of processes.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to align to the project objective and deliver positive results
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to understand the linkages across processes.
- Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills with a proven track of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including senior leaders
- Assess risks due to financial implications, recommend process re-design, accounting flow in line with AMEX policies/US GAAP and escalating on high risk issues proactively including raising Risk memos as appropriate.
- Provide Project updates to Senior Finance leadership highlighting Risks and Issues, if any.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- The incumbent should be a B.Com with around 3-5 years of experience or a qualified accountant / MBA with strong project management and system implementation experience.
- Strong Accounting skills including working knowledge of US GAAP in addition to a thorough understanding of AXP Accounting Policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Financial systems and processes relevant to Amex would be an added advantage
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.