Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3670 Applications:957 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Data Sourcing Analyst (3-8 yrs)
"I began working at American Express in 2007 through a campus recruitment program. I now lead a team managing business intelligence tools and platforms, creating data capabilities and insights for measuring the performance of acquisition channels, marketing campaigns, cobrand products & Digital experience channels. It’s been exciting and rewarding!"
Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence Engineering
- The Data Sourcing Analyst is a key role in the Regulatory Reporting Automation program. This individual will be responsible for data exploration, analysis and data gathering of Finance Data and its right source to deliver the end-to-end automation.
- This individual will perform data analysis on new and existing attributes and helping determine fit for use.
- This role is also responsible for partnering closely with Technology and the Data Testing teams to validate the data at regular intervals. This individual will coordinate / orchestrate across several groups within American Express during design, implementation, and migration of the data solution into production.
- The Data Sourcing Architecture team oversees the data mapping, profiling and source to target (S2T) analysis mapping for new data requirements of our regulatory reporting automation and systems, as well as leading the coordination / orchestration of the close partnership between Product Owners, Report / Business Owners, Technology and Data Testing teams to determine data / product features of the data solution are put into production with the highest degree of confidence of the data flow and data system requirements or the deactivation / decommission of data sets of financial data systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct data analysis on existing attributes and datasets to understand and support Point of Arrival (POA) process design.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated queries using knowledge of programming languages (e.g., PL/SQL Hive SQL) is required.
- Support business requirements in creating functional design, testing scripts and identify data attributes.
- Understand and help develop source to target mappings for reporting.
- Have a can do attitude towards problem solving and demonstrated ability to work well with new opportunities.
- Document and understand core components of solution architecture including data patterns, data-related capabilities, and standardization and conformance of disparate datasets.
- Support the implementation of master and reference data to be used across operational and
- Perform user acceptance testing and parallel run testing to ensure the build meets the requirements, and documentation of results.
- Create executable testing algorithms that enable validation of the expected system functionality, including filter criteria.
- Participate in daily meetings with the pods (implementation groups for various portfolios of the
Company for data sourcing and regulatory classification and reporting).
- Support user acceptance testing, parallel run testing, and any other testing required to ensure the build meets the requirements authored including development and execution of test cases, and documentation of results.
- Support Data Governance requirements for reporting
- Coordinate with various Product Owners, Process Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Solution
Architecture colleagues, and Data Management team to ensure builds are appropriate for American Express products.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or Engineering.
- 3+ Years of experience in SQL and Data Analysis
- Strong SQL / NoSQL and data analysis experience, able to write / understand complex SQL, PL/SQL, HiveQL, Java, with hands-on Oracle SQL, DBeaver and Hive experience.
- Testing script writing and execution experience
- Experience with of MS Excel, Power Query, and other analytical tools, e.g., Tableau
- Foundational data warehousing principles and data modeling experience
- Exhibits organizational skills with the ability to meet/exceed critical deadlines and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- A good understanding of the banking products is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Excellent relationship building, and collaboration skills.