Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2053 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Analyst - Global Commercial Customer Data Science Team (2-8 yrs)
Why American Express?
- There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
- We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
- Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express.
- Don't make a difference without it.
- Don't live life without it.
This position will be a part of Global Commercial Customer Data Science team whose charter is to ensure that we have the best-in-class analytical models powering customer marketing for commercial portfolio
Purpose of the Role:
Our world class analytics team applies rigorous, solution-oriented analysis and modeling techniques to:
1. Help attract and retain customers
2. Understand market trends
3. Track and diagnose market share changes
4. Improve advertising and marketing effectiveness
1) Delivering on modeling priorities - Developing and enhancing statistical models by utilizing the best-in-class modeling techniques with available data
2) Exploration of new Information sources to create predictive attributes that provide incremental discrimination
3) Tracking and monitoring the performance of existing models and conduct reviews
4) Work closely with other teams to develop system capabilities, models, controls and designing data elements
Critical Factors to Success:
1. Analytical rigor - ability to work in unstructured environments but with clarity of thought
2. Ability to work with data - expertise and comfort with extracting, transforming and deriving insights from data
3. Diligence - working carefully through complex problems
4. Resiliance - motivation to keep persevering in the face of obstacles
Post graduate (M.Tech / MBA / M. Stats / MA Economics)
- Relevant statistical analysis/econometric experience and ability to effectively translate analytical findings to business implications
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with complex, unstructured initiatives
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, Experience working in highly cross-functional environment, flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Proficiency in Big Data (Python; Hive) and SAS/SQL. Working knowledge of hadoop architecture & analytical tools (GBM, K nearest neighbor etc)
- Proficiency in Python and Hive/SQL
- Proficiency & experience in econometric, statistical and machine learning techniques to develop best in class predictive models & clustering
methodology is preferred
Knowledge of Platforms - Python, Hive/SQL
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great
Leadership Demands Courage
Job type - Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.