Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:14418 Applications:160 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Amazon - Tax Operations Manager - Withholding Tax (7-13 yrs)
Tax Operations Manager
External Job Description
Amazon.com, Earth's Most Customer - Centric Company, seeks a Tax Analyst III to support the Global Tax Operations team within Tax Operations function. This role is based in Hyderabad, India. This position will primarily work on a variety of functions related to direct tax matters and the ideal candidate will have experience evaluating issues related to e-commerce business. This role requires working closely with global tax advisors to create, document and deliver detailed process for the operations team. Based on the tax advice, operationalize the processes of identity documents collection i.e. On-boarding function, withholding taxes and payments function and monthly, quarterly reporting function.
Responsibilities Include -
- People Management; work towards building a strong team of tax specialists; Hire and Develop the Best
- Operations Management; design, document and deliver strong compliant operational processes for tax domain in the finance organization. Manage day-to-day operations.
- Project and Process Management; Support new business launches and work with global process owners and project teams to define functional requirements and set up operations.
- Manage withholding (WHT) operations for multiple countries, including correct systems set-up, proper/timely withholding of tax, and remittance and reporting of taxes withheld
- Resolution of disputes with suppliers/vendors and of internal systems defects
- Define underlying processes and procedures, work on process improvements;
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with internal business partners by serving as the Tax Operations liaison for general inquiries, escalations, communication of project/process initiatives and plans of action
- Work on tax identity collection, withholding, reporting and other tax obligations.
- Manage reconciliation of expense ledgers with tax payable, tax returns preparation and filings to taxing authorities. Manage requirements needed for tax provisions at year end and tax audit.
- Set up processes and come up with best practices for payment to non-residents and it's tax implications
- Develop solid understanding of Amazon's Finance Operations, Tax and Account Payable systems and processes
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external teams and customers
- Define key metrics and create metrics reports and set up reporting process.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Business Process Management with more than 10 years of experience in global finance operations.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, customer-focused, passionate, results-oriented, innovative, a quick-learner, self-motivated, friendly and professional
- Exemplary relationship-building skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to relate processes and associated technical aspects to business partners in straightforward fashion and develop the team on same principles
- Demonstrate previous experience in customer service and team handling
- Well round knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Meet and maintain monthly department metrics and reporting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required, including the ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands managing multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- MBA Finance or equivalent Master's degrees
- Experience of managing a team would be an advantage especially working in or with a finance department
- Prior Accounting or Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Experience working in or with a finance department
- Knowledge of international taxation especially on APAC countries
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress/fast paced work environment
- Experience in creating and tracking metrics and process SOPs
- Experience with working with cross functional teams
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.