Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:6672 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Senior Tax Analyst - Indirect Tax - Planning Role (10-15 yrs)
Senior Tax Analyst - Indirect Tax
Amazon India Services Pvt. Ltd. is seeking a Senior tax analyst, Indirect tax, for role based in Delhi. The candidate must be comfortable directly liaising with various business teams within the company with an aim of gaining a deep understanding of the business vision and model in order to develop comprehensive tax solutions in support of the business, develop tax requirements that clearly articulate such solutions, and drive the implementation of the tax requirements. This position will primarily support a variety of business teams on Indian indirect tax matters and the ideal candidate will have experience evaluating issues specifically related to cloud business in India. This candidate will also work closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination of cross functional tax solutions.
The ideal candidate will focus approximately 70% to 80% of their time on the following:
- Analyzing business transactions and initiatives, partnering with various teams and functioning as an in-house tax advisor .Working closely with internal tax teams like direct tax, Transfer Pricing and Tax Reporting, and external advisers, for review of tax compliance and forms, agreement, and such other documentation.
- Researching advanced Indian VAT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax issues - working with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary - as part of a global tax team
- Providing / developing end-to-end tax requirements for projects and business initiatives, the candidate will work closely with the other tax teams to scope these requirements
- Developing and evaluating Indian VAT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax planning opportunities and strategies
- Maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future Indian indirect tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions
- Assisting in computation and timely payment of VAT, WCT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Excise and Service Tax and filing of returns, as may be required
- Continues monitoring of applicability of various state specific transit forms and ensure compliance with the state specific regulatory requirement
- Assisting with managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis
- Managing and coordinating VAT, Service tax audits, including audit preparation, responding to document requests, Litigation support etc.
- Ability to analyze, comprehend and understand the proposed tax regimes such as Goods and Service tax regime
In addition to supporting tax planning, the ideal candidate will focus approximately 20% to 30% of their time on the following:
- Providing support to the Indian based accounting team responsible for tax accounting and reconciliations
- Reviewing financial data for proper application of consumption tax laws and advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide tax information required to be reported
- Preparing and managing tax reporting packages for the Indian subsidiaries
- Assisting with managing, coordinating and reviewing Indian tax compliance for all indirect taxes. Developing recommendations for compliance process improvements.
This position interacts with the company's U.S. and Indian business and support units, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross-functional teams. The candidate must be able to communicate complex indirect tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of Indian indirect tax experience with public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or in industry, preferably a multinational corporation. Should have analytical and practical knowledge of VAT and ST regulations. The job requires excellent written and oral communication skills and an understanding of Indian tax laws, both direct and indirect taxes. Knowledge of international tax issues and double tax treaties is a plus.
- Degree in law or accounting - chartered accountant (or equivalent) or law degree preferred
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and ability to work independently in a high pressure environment
- Understanding of accounting concepts preferred
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Hard working, quicker learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
- Partner well with people at all levels within an organization
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- Excellent Excel and general computer skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.