Amazon - Senior Sourcing Manager - Amazon Private Brands (4-9 yrs)
The Amazon team is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical and highly motivated Sourcing Manager to join our team to launch new high quality Furniture selection under Amazon Private Brands. The Sourcing Manager will develop the sourcing approach, drive the supplier selection process, negotiate contracts, and manage our portfolio of manufacturers on a global scale. The Sourcing Manager will be an expert at selecting factories across the globe that can reliably deliver products on spec at high quality levels and targeted costs. The Sourcing Manager will also regularly monitor key aspects of factory and vendor performance levels through a scorecard and audit process.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess amazing negotiation abilities, partner management skills, project management skills, strong financial acumen, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player.
The Sourcing Manager's primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop the sourcing strategy, along with process for evaluating supplier potentials
- Identifying and developing relevant quality protocols and a system for managing quality on an ongoing basis
- Analyzing the marketplace to find the broadest set of capable manufactures globally who provide the best product cost, quality and delivery objectives - insuring maximum bottom-line impact
- Distributing RFQs to suppliers and managing the process to receive completed quotes
- Choosing a final supplier(s) including negotiating the best cost and contract terms (including IP management).
- Managing the supplier relationship on an ongoing basis including holding the supplier to quality and compliance requirements as administered by Amazon's product compliance team
- Managing the supplier manufacturing process to insure they meet delivery performance metrics. Also influencing the supplier's manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations.
- Developing negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers. This includes periodic rebidding to insure our costs remain competitive
- Developing risk mitigation strategies including contingency plans, lead-time reductions and supply chain efficiencies
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the retail category teams, legal, tax, product compliance, social accountability, trade compliance, finance, transportation, and global suppliers to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with other members of the team including Brand Management, Product Management, Marketing, and Instock Management on new products and new sourcing strategies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of sourcing, costing and negotiating experience
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Proven experience in developing long-term relationships, and negotiating strategic agreements to ensure constant cost and quality improvements.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Familiarity with procurement processes, vendor negotiations and supplier management
- Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain, and regulatory requirements
- Experience building out a private label vendor management program in a retail environment
- Experience with a Furniture offline and online retail entity
- Experience in hardline product categories such as Appliances, Electronics, Furniture, Kitchen, Home etc. is preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.