Talent Advisor at Amazon
Views:6659 Applications:483 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:73
Amazon - Senior Risk Manager - Payments (8-12 yrs)
Amazon - Sr Risk Manager, Payments
- As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon Payments processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, convenience store payment, net-banking, digital cash, cash on delivery and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.in.
- Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Amazon Pay is eyeing to become fastest growing payment companies in India & planning to add many more payment modes to its portfolio. Given the highly sensitive nature of Payments business, it is imperative to have fully-functional compliance management leader, focused on payments products compliance policies, processes and controls for smooth operations of the company.
- This function is responsible for overseeing operational risk. The function (company-wide and within subsidiaries) has authority within the organization to oversee the company's risk management activities.
Key activities of the risk management function include :
- Design program controls and testing mechanisms in collaboration with internal teams. Enhance the RCSA Framework/ Policy.
- Implements operational program controls by creating project plans
- Establish a business level Process, Risk and Control Inventory. Establishes the risk appetite
- Identifies and escalates gaps in risk assessment methodology
- Recommends to managers and peers on opportunities for risk mitigation based on established risk tolerance
- Influences internal teams to uphold and maintain program control
- Develops and delivers risk management training to partner organizations and peers
- Researches and recommends innovative technology solutions to manage. Assess development of a RCSA system (Leverage global system if any)
- Drive remediation of issues identified in the RCSA
- The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems.
- He or she should be well-versed in interpreting regulations to manage regulatory risks, analytical in deriving risk patterns to identify compliance risk scenarios, efficient in convincing management of the impending risks and drive decision-making. The candidate must have superior verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting issues to management.
- The Risk Manager, APIPL will report directly into the Sr Manager, Risk, Amazon Payments India Pvt Limited (APIPL) and will work with business partners across company and its affiliates.
Risk Manager is expected to perform following functions :
- Identifies control deficiencies and engages with internal teams to measure impact, design and drive remediation
- Identifies and suggests opportunities for improvement in risk assessment methodology
- Implements operational program controls by creating project plans .Establish a business level Process, Risk and Control Inventory
- Provide risk advisory to new product/feature launches
- Escalation and post mortem review of incurred operational losses, failures, breaches and/or otherwise material incidents to Management. Review and monitor RCS reports and escalate as appropriate
- Drive remediation of issues identified in the RCSA
- Establish framework for independent testing of high risk/ regulatory processes and functional management of the vendor.
- Drive adoption of escalation policy and drive adherence.
- Maintains the Risk Register
- Responsible for designing and publishing risk scorecard
Basic qualifications :
- Minimum 8 years- experience of identifying and/or implementing compliance controls within Banking or other Payments business.
- Relevant experience in the following areas is required: operational risk, operational control, internal and/or external audit, and management reporting and project management.
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with overseas business partners - Solid experience supporting key control projects/initiatives
- Ability and willingness to effectively challenge business lines regarding all aspects of risk arising from their activities
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and oral/written communication skills
- Detail and results oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Solid judgment and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build consensus. History of success working in a team environment
- Handle regular activities without prompting, and advice in advance with issues or delays
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence to complete projects with limited supervision
- Must exhibit a high degree of motivation, sense of urgency and professional demeanor
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English required
Preferred qualifications :
- Knowledge of/experience in operational risk management / Internal audit function
- Post Graduate degree from a recognized university