Talent Advisor at Amazon
Views:3524 Applications:296 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Payments (6-9 yrs)
Amazon Payments - Senior Program Manager(TSU)
About Amazon: Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic company with a focus on being the most customer-centric company in the world. Amazon offers services to retailers in India to sell on www.amazon.in and grow multi-channel commerce. Amazon's Payments team supports the Amazon platforms in providing a safe, secure and trusted payment experience to our customers. As part of the Payments team, Nodal Finance Operations owns and drives Nodal Compliance as a regulatory requirement.
About the role:
- We are searching for an exceptional leader who has experience handling operations, has a flair for compliance and an ability to work with various stakeholders to meet payment compliance requirements as per regulatory guidelines. We expect the Operations manager uphold the compliance standards high and ensure businesses consistently meet the regulatory requirements from a Nodal perspective.
- The leader will be responsible for Nodal / Escrow /OPGSP operations in the Payments team and will own & drive compliance. The role will be focused on reconciliation across all processes within Amazon, reconciliation of all regulated accounts along with exception analysis and their closures. The leader will champions the compliance requirements and enforces them to ensure business continuity.
- This role is responsible to implement and audit the nodal / OPGSP/Escrow regulatory requirements and support external auditors.
- The role will drive product development in building scalable solutions to address reconciliation needs for a business growing at exponential rates. The leader will thrive in a challenging workplace, work in a fast-paced environment, manage ambiguity and complexity and support multiple simultaneous business needs while meeting ongoing and time-constraint compliance requirements.
- This position requires a proactive, highly motivated individual with an aptitude to manage a team as well as a dynamic outsourced operations set-up. A successful candidate will have to lead a small team of specialist program managers and ability to own/lead all stakeholder interactions across all businesses within Amazon. The position requires influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward achieving accurate and timely results.
- This role requires an individual with excellent investigative, research and communication skills, outstanding business acumen, and past audit experience is a plus. The individual will have to be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is necessary to not only streamline existing processes but also implement requirements to support launch of new businesses/products/features by Amazon Payments & Business teams. The person will also have to engage and interface with host of stakeholders including Country Managers, Legal, Technology, Internal / external auditors, Banks, Business/Product teams, etc. as required.
- This position is expected to have sufficient finance, accounting and/ or compliance experience. This knowledge is required to assess regulatory impact, support new business launches and incorporate necessary reporting. The individual should also have solid understanding of computing system interaction, identify and implement control elements into systems or tools. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to accounting, finance, business and leadership.
The candidate should meet the following basic qualifications:
- Should have a Master's in Business Administration from a reputed institution with Finance or Accounting as a major.
- Should have at least 10-12 years of experience working across e-commerce or retail.
- Should have managed a team of Associates and Sr. Associates across various levels for at least 4-5 years.
- Should have Accounting or Financial Accounting experience and worked in a Financial Operations Manager role for at least 4-5 years.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-ups. Experience and ability to work across time-zones and with remote locations. - Proficiency in Excel, database applications and other analysis tools.
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams, where immediate constituencies include the Finance community, marketing business managers, as well as Retail product line managers. Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of groups, including Technology, Product Management, Accounting, Internal Audit, and Senior Management is a must.
- Ability to carry out complex analyses, synthesize data with superior attention to detail and provide policy & process improvements. - Experience with translating financial accounting requirements into operational processes and a demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
Preferred Qualifications - Knowledge of SQL is desirable
- Experience and ability to use Essbase, Cognos, or similar tools Working understanding of an Internal control framework (specifically COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency