Recruiter at Amazon India
Views:5495 Applications:242 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:162
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Exchange Point - Transportation Team - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (5-12 yrs)
Sr. Program Manager - XPT
Job Description :
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. Amazon is seeking Exchange Point Manager (XPT) for its Transportation team. In this role you will be responsible for designing and running the XPT network to leverage the existing Last mile infrastructure and ensure rapid growth in the infrastructure throughout the network.
- Defining, building and leading the execution of XPT processes, right from FC to customers and leveraging our last mile network.
- Responsible for Hiring, training and building up a highly motivated workforce for the XPT teams, with support from HR and training team, to meet the operational requirements for the Zones, continuously meeting the high bar on quality and productivity.
- Ensure enough bandwidth in XPT infrastructure for peak time delivery management.
- Coordinate with Zonal XPT Managers, Finance, DSP and Projects team to matters related to XPT operations.
- Continuously improve the process and attain a sustained level of delivery performance standard & service levels.
- Initiates improvements in technology to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
- Work with Analytics teams to create data reports, dashboards to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
- Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizens, Workshops etc.
Essential Skills :
- Strong leadership capabilities and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- Raising the bar on stakeholder management.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate and explain to individuals & the team, what needs to be achieved for the Delivery Center /Amazon to achieve its objectives. Listening skills : Gains input and commitment from all involved in delivering their specific part.
- Ability to set and achieve timelines for tasks : Set realistic and stretching performance expectations for self and others. Regularly reviews progress and acts to ensure optimal results for the business.
- Strong Bias for great customer service : Engage the Team in developing their understanding of Customer Experience and knowledge of what Customers actually needs/expects.
- High Ownership : Follows through to ensure the delivery of changes/solutions/services that fulfill the Customer's needs.
- Analytical Skills : Effectively analyse and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
1. Basic Qualifications :
- Tier 1 B school
- Experience in logistics desirable and the experience in courier industry highly preferred
- Knowledge of National topography and road network is an added advantage
2. Preferred Qualifications :
- People management experience. Experience in handling field team is highly desirable.
- Experience in handling live operation preferred (wherein decisions have to be taken on the spot and actions needs to be initiated right away)
- Experience in process improvement preferred with additional benefits for knowledge of specific methodologies such has Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.