Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Category Excellence (5-10 yrs)
Sr. Program Manager, Category Excellence
This is a high visibility role in the Amazon Fashion & Beauty team that is looking for a Senior Program Manager with a strong delivery record and proven program management experience. This candidate will work cross-functionally to deliver operational improvements and drive profitability for the businesses. This role will own several PnL cost line items across 7 categories of Amazon Fashion & Beauty. This role requires performing dive deeps to ambiguous problems, identifying and scoping large programs, managing program timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, program management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Key job responsibilities:
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to continuously improve profitability and customer experience.
- Performing dive deeps into the multiple elements that govern the decision making to launch or expand programs.
- Working closely with the central program teams and operation stakeholders, understanding their strategies and processes for reducing cost and adopting for own category.
- Working closely with product teams to see through the product interventions needed for the program to scale and have a substantial impact on cost reduction.
- Working closely with operations, finance and category teams to manage short term commitments to overall goals, and making sure they stay on track.
- Benchmarking programs/practices with the best in class (internal and external), and using it to own and influence the long-term vision.
- Innovating to improve customer experience, and relentlessly working towards contributing to the profitability goals of category.
- Acting as single point of contact for cost of business team (CBW) and categories for any discussions pertaining to program.