Amazon - Senior Program Manager (6-8 yrs)
About the Role: Program Manager
What can you expect from the Role?
1. You will work on initiatives that will cut across categories
2. Mix of short term projects with quick turn-around and some long term projects that will redefine the way fulfillment is done for large items
3. Projects will be a mix of Ops Excellence Initiatives - improving delivery experience for customers of the Heavy and Bulky (H&B) network and Waste reduction initiatives - sustainably growing the network by reducing cost of fulfillment
4. These initiatives will require active engagement with multiple stakeholders - categories, supply chain, FC and Trans Ops, S&OP, other businesses across Amazon and external sellers
5. You will engage actively with Senior Leadership across functions
6. You will play the role of a thinker and an implementer in equal measure - the success in this role is as much about implementing as it is about conceptualizing or strategizing
What is expected from the candidate?
1. Ability to take complete end to end ownership of an initiative till execution; subsequently setting up processes for operating teams seamlessly take over and execute on a daily basis
2. Ability to work with large data, dive-deep, identify issues - analytical thinking is a must
3. Every big decision you make will involve a conflict - ability to visualize the conflict, addressing the parties involved and making balanced decisions
4. Ability to engage with multiple stake holders and influence the partner teams
5. Ability to define project deliverables, timelines and set up mechanisms to track inputs and outputs for the projects; strong communication skills
6. Ability to work independently:
The candidate is expected to have 5+ years of experience post MBA. Experience in operations or supply chain, category management OR program management will be preferred
5+ years of experience in program or project management
Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 4+ years in program management, operations/supply chain or category management
- Proven track record of owning and delivering projects/programs
- Proven track record of working with cross category stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ownership - ability to work independently and deliver results
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Bias for action; Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Innovative; loves to challenge status quo and reinvent on behalf of our customers
- MBA degree from Tier1 institute - SQL, Excel
- Strong ownership and initiative taker. Ability to balance speed with a need to analyze before committing
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed
- Insists on highest standards; drive processes to set and exceed a high bar for customer experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.