Recruitment Team at Amazon
Views:4777 Applications:372 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Amazon - Senior Product Manager (7-10 yrs)
As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon Payments processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, convenience store payment, net banking, digital cash, cash on delivery and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.in. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
As the part of the Emerging Payments and Financial Services, the teams charter is to define and build the right Financial Services products for Amazon customers spanning across retail and payments (online and offline). You will be responsible for driving end-to-end product management.
You will conceptualize ways to engage customers, create and drive the product strategy, vision, and roadmap of future products, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to envision, develop, and launch innovative products.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a proven track record of creating successful consumer products and services.
Amazon's growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Amazon leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. You will assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical products. You will also need to very comfortable with ambiguity and look for opportunities from ambiguous situations.
Join us. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for an experienced Product leader to build on the strategic Financial Services products with focus on Insurance/ insurance. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate intense customer focus and highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Be sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; particularly, the ability to deliver analysis in a clear and actionable format. Deliver effective presentations (narratives) of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Manage the entire life cycle from inception to launch for a suite of products, mainly on Insurance front.
- Understand and articulate customer needs, regulatory environment and guardrails, conduct on-going customer research, leverage internal knowledge and expertise, and prioritize market requirements.
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer; provide the voice of the customer.
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally and bring the product to life. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on leadership's strategy and vision
- Write PRD, and/or BRD, and define use cases, features, and KPIs.
- Create the business case. Determine the product cost and go to market strategy.
- Serve as the product expert assisting marketing with press briefing, industry talks, and whitepapers.
- Partner with analytics teams to create a measurement and attribution framework for every engagement product.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders (Sr. leadership) without authority.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and earn-trust.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in product management for consumer devices.
- Undergraduate CS, Engineering, Science, or Math degree or MBA.
- Experience managing products through entire life cycle - from inception to launch.
- Solid understanding of customer engagement and behavior
- Ability to understand and navigate regulatory requirements.
- Experience working with/leading cross-functional teams across locations.
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously
- Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process.
- Experience in Insurance or Financial Services with marketing, product management, and overall customer experience is a plus.
- Experience developing and launching V1 products; comfort with ambiguity and nascent markets.
- General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others.
- The insatiable will to get stuff done.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.