Amazon - Senior Manager - Prime Events - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (12-16 yrs)
Senior Manager- Prime Events
- Are you customer obsessed, analytical and passionate about e-commerce? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that is building, what Jeff Bezos calls, one of the three key pillars of Amazon? If yes, then this opportunity is for you. Amazon Prime is looking for a Senior Manager to lead Prime Events.
- Amazon Prime is a membership program that offers a basket of premium benefits to its members for a small annual subscription fee. The Prime experience, which includes fast free delivery, access to the latest and exclusive Hollywood, Bollywood and regional blockbusters movies and TV shows, ad-free music streaming, early access to sale events, hundreds of eligible eBooks, comics and more, is a premium experience that millions of Prime members in IN can vouch for.
- The Senior Manager will be the Single Threaded Leader for Prime Events and be responsible for managing a team of 3 program and marketing managers.
The events pod owns a charter to :
(a) Plan and execute Prime Day, a globally coordinated annual event celebrating Prime members
(b) Plan and execute Prime Early Access (PEA) to major sale events where Prime members get early and exclusive access to sale events.
- The Sr. Manager will partner with teams across Amazon to plan and execute the Prime events.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop an event construct for the largest possible Prime Day celebrating Prime members. Get alignment of the construct with senior stakeholders across Amazon
- Develop Acquisition, Engagement and Retention goals for Prime Day and get alignment with stakeholders
- Conduct experiments for Prime Day and PEA to identify online and offline opportunities to acquire, engage and retain members
- Work with WW and IN teams to plan and execute Prime Day
- Work with Prime benefit partners to plan and execute the right inputs that will produce the largest possible event
- Partner with category leaders to define deal guidelines and source deals that adhere to these guidelines
- Partner with mass media marketing team to market Prime events to maximize reach
Basic Qualifications :
-12+ years of experience managing large cross-functional projects in a consumer, retail or a consulting company
- Proven leadership experience working with senior stakeholders and being able to influence them without authority
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize in a resource constrained environment
- Proven experience in managing, building and developing a high performance team
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English (including experience reviewing results with senior management and working in a global team setting)
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA from a premier institution is preferred
- Experience in ecommerce