Amazon - Senior Manager - Payroll (15-25 yrs)
Amazon is looking for a strong operational leader with excellent communication skills and a strong proven background in delivering multiple payrolls. The role is a fantastic opportunity for a leader, who wants to raise the bar for the payroll team and set the team up for success.
The successful candidate will lead one of the sub-regional Payroll teams located in Hyderabad. He/she will be responsible to be the payroll operational leader for six APAC countries payroll management and leading team of 100+.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the team's operations including: hiring, training, and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance targets and operating budget; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external business partners. Overall responsible for Audit compliance and Business controls.
The role requires a candidate with ability to manage and improve the payroll operations (performance metrics, internal controls, compliance, automation- ) as well as to manage regional projects. The candidate will interact with senior and executive stakeholders worldwide.
Key Strategic Objectives
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the company based on internal and industry knowledge
- Responsible for developing and communicating team or department vision and goals
- Build and monitor a consolidated Payroll Operations annual operating plan to forecast headcount needs with detailed analysis of budget to actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Partner with external stakeholders HR, HRS, Accounting, Treasury (external to Payroll department)
- Partner with internal stakeholders Compliance, Controllership, Payroll Transformation, Payroll Academy
- Responsible to develop and implement systems to support rapid growth
- Performs autonomously and initiate and manages complex, departmental and/or cross- company work
- Build scalable processes to recruit, train and develop business professionals to support business expansion
- Lead performance review processes with VPs, Directors and senior leaders across functions in the region
People Management :
Leading and developing a team, including: hiring, training and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance, targets; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics; succession planning; resource planning. Coaching junior first time people managers. Responsible for 250+ team members including second line managers, first line managers and individual contributors.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders
1. Absolutely obsessed to provide a best of class customer experience to Amazon's employees and managers
2. Build, inspire and motivate the teams to raise the bar
3. Liaise with key stakeholders for procedural changes
4. Maintain relationship with key internal and external partners
5. A strong passion for hiring and developing people
6. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
7. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
8. Strong analytical skills to identify potential impact and implications of issues and takes appropriate action to avoid future recurrences
9. Exhibits excellent judgment
10. Leads with data and develops audit mechanisms to stay close to the data
11. Has relentlessly high standards
12. Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
13. Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
14. Thinks big and has convictions
15. Results oriented
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- 15+ years of management experience and must have managed large teams (100+) across multiple locations.
- Flexible to lead the teams located in multiple location and where team works in 24- 7 shifts
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and interest in supporting a global team.
- Experience developing, improving and implementing processes in large-scale, complex environments.
- Ability to handle responsibilities independently, while exercising good judgment in problem solving and keeping team members adequately informed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as prioritization and planning skills - with strong attention to detail.
- Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Prior experience in leading large operations and into Payroll management, new process set up, transformation projects
- Certification in Payroll processing, PMP or Six Sigma
- A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Flexibility: Ability to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, and data-driven organization.
- Entrepreneurial; someone who wants to build out the new teams.
- Communicative: Excellent with and able to communicate across and within teams well in a transitional, matrixed environment.