Amazon - Senior Category Manager (6-9 yrs)
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager to be part of the Global Selling team within Amazon Services. Amazon Global Selling is an important initiative to grow the Amazon Marketplace Seller Business around the world, with the India OOC team focusing on helping international sellers list on Amazon India marketplace.
This person will have the exciting opportunity to help deliver on a strategy to enable broad use of Amazon Services by small/medium sellers and large enterprises globally wishing to sell in India, and play a key role in influencing product selection . The objective of this position is to deliver on-going new business growth to Amazon's suite of seller services for businesses of all sizes by formulating a business strategy for the set of categories he/she is responsible for.This business will play an important role in Amazon's mission to be the place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy on Earth.
Working in a dynamic environment, you will be responsible for formulating a strategy for your set of businesses , identifying and driving key flywheel inputs for the business and working with key stakeholders to influence product and policy roadmap. You will be responsible for the topline and input delivery for your set of businesses. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and ecommerce challenges,
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Formulating long term road map for the categories the person is responsible for.
- Engage with internal and external customers/teams to improve products and business processes.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach, communicate the specific value proposition for their business and use case, and establish long-term, successful partnerships.
- Work closely with senior executives at interested sellers to successfully negotiate deals and help in on-boarding.
- Review and monitor performance and sales of key partners to manage their performance.
- Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgment and ability to be right a lot. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions. Applies fair and consistent criteria. Gathers the right input/data. Uses intuition. Is decisive. Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.