Amazon - Senior Category Manager (6-10 yrs)
- Amazon in India: Amazon launched its first offering for Indian customers in Feb, 2012 with Junglee.com aggregating millions of offers (SKUs) from 1,000+ ecommerce sites providing product and price discovery to Indian customers. Amazon.in, the flagship marketplace, was launched in June, 2013 with books - over a period of 6 months post launch, multiple product categories were added to improve available selection for customers. Today, Amazon India operates at high speed in an exciting and rapidly changing Indian e-commerce landscape. It is a hotbed of creative ideas and constant innovation.
- As a Senior Category Manager, you will focus on delivering a world-class customer experience and exceptional sales and margin growth for the sub-categories that you are responsible for as we rapidly expand and grow our selection from around the world.
- The person who joins the leadership team in this position must share our passion and commitment for serving our customers. The ideal candidate should have experience in working customer backwards, managing multiple stakeholders and support brand relationships. Some understanding of planning product cycles and selling online is preferred.
- The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, self-starting and have strong analytical skills.
- He or she must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment. He should be entrepreneurial with the confidence to make independent, data-driven decisions.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to succeed at:
- Team-building and management
- Planning and forecasting
- Defining and implementing strategies
- Driving an online business.
- He or she must be able to develop clear thinking and business rationale for new features & services to bring customers ease-of-use and innovation with a razor sharp focus on solving for the customer while driving operational excellence in execution. The candidate must be an effective communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and groups.
- The candidate must have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful project ownership using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Identify customer triggers and barriers by using journey data, in-depth research and customer immersions
- Own creation of customer engagement programs to manage engagement across the customer's life cycle
- Conceptualize, design and execute brand & new category launches
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop, test, and execute multi-channel marketing plans to drive customer acquisition
- Conduct in-depth analyses to determine program effectiveness and to continuously improving programs and site initiatives
- Own projects with considerable scope and/or complexity with significant impact on customer experience and Amazon's business
- Work with cross functional teams including technology teams, to define, drive, and launch improvements to the customer experience
- Understand and use customer-facing metrics to guide decision making
- Identify opportunities for automation and scale winning experiences
- Meet business goals while ensuring a top-notch customer experience
Basic Qualifications :
- Full-time Masters in Business Administration is required
- 6+ years experience in operations\ general management \ consulting \ sales fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proven track record of customer obsession & using customer insights to drive business strategies and innovate on behalf of the customer
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and ability to execute with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.