Recruiter at Amazon
Views:3552 Applications:1138 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:482
Amazon - Senior Category Manager (5-10 yrs)
Senior Category Manager, Amazon Business Marketplace
About Amazon.com / Amazon.in:
- Amazon.com/Amazon.in strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
- About Amazon Business (AB): Amazon Business (amazon.in/business) launched in India in September 2017 with the vision to be the destination for all businesses in India to find, discover and buy for all their business needs, and it is still day 1 for us.
- About the role: We are looking for a hands-on, detail oriented and highly motivated individual to manage category on the Amazon Business marketplace (AB). As a Sr. Category Manager, the candidate will have end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of the categories he/she have been assigned to. Amazon Business strives to present its customers with the widest selection of products at the best prices - The Sr. Category manager's role is to understand the selection requirement and price expectation of Small & Medium businesses, bring in the relevant assortment at the best prices, design targeted promotions, manage partners including sellers and brands. This role would need to actively collaborate with other stakeholders like the marketplace Seller and Selection Acquisition teams, category business development team, Amazon.in category teams, Global Selection and Pricing team, Amazon Business Customer Acquisition and Customer Engagement team, Finance, Pricing and Product development teams.
- The candidate needs to anticipate customer needs and incorporate them into the functional roadmap, drive a major change or enhancement for customer experience influencing category needs based on their knowledge of competitive trends in the B2B marketplace and other macro-environment data.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and brands, as well as with internal colleagues and groups. The candidate must have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful project ownership using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
The position is based at the Amazon India headquarters in Bangalore.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with research agencies, Customer Acquisition & Engagement teams and A.in Category teams to benchmark selection and pricing on Amazon Business, identify pricing gaps and work with multiple stakeholders to bridge gaps
- Set up a scalable price benchmarking process and drive inputs to improve price competitiveness on AB. Work on product and fee interventions to enable sellers to meet the price expectation of business customers
- Work with the Customer acquisition and engagement team to define a charter for engagement initiatives on Amazon Business such as Deals, customer-segment-specific stores and campaigns to drive active rates (both for customers and sellers) and repeat purchases
- Engage with marketplace and Amazon Business product teams to roll out initiatives to improve Customer experience and Seller experience.
- Setup scalable reports and communication channels to drive desirable behavior among the entire seller base.
- Business reporting
- Represent the input metrics of the marketplace at weekly review meetings with leadership
- Provide financial planning inputs
. Analyze the business to understand trends, shifts, spikes/dips, etc.
Basic Qualifications :
An understanding of and passion for e-commerce.
- Full-time Masters in Business Administration is required
- 5+ Years of Work experience in Business, category management, Buying, Selling, Finance or Consulting
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Smart, enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative.
- Innovative, team-oriented, and have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience in project ownership and using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
The position will be based in Amazon's office in Bangalore.
- Experience supporting customers internally and externally
. Experience in incubating and driving customer-facing programs at scale.
- Prior experience influencing C-level executives.
. Proficiency in SQL