Amazon - Sales Specialist role - Direct Sales Team (2-5 yrs)
- Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused and passionate about e-commerce? Are you an experienced, entrepreneurial leader willing to be a part of the journey which would change the way India buys and sells? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
- We are seeking a Sales Specialist (SS) as a part of the Direct Sales (DS) team within Amazon Seller Services organization. Amazon Seller Services offers services to sellers in India to sell on Amazon.in and expand their reach via online platform (refer to www.services.amazon.in). Direct Sales (DS) team is focused on launching and growing strategic sellers and brands that our customers look for. The DS team provides key business inputs for helping the sellers and brands grow their business on .IN marketplace. SS with the DS team will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic sales environment, help to identify and launch sellers / brands of medium to large complexity that are loved by our customers.
- (S)He will not only launch sellers but work with them post launch to deliver on superior customer experience and help them build their online presence.
- The work will entail UpSelling the suite of services to sellers that bring desirable selection thereby enhancing customer experience on .IN marketplace. (S)He will be responsible for negotiating with multi- functional stakeholders within seller organization, devise a launch plan, resolve execution blockers, bring them onboard and execute a joint business plan to ensure success post launch. SS would also have the opportunity to share recommendations on process improvements for various internal cross functional teams.
Specific responsibilities -
- Understand Amazon Seller Services products and services: Articulate key benefits to external audiences
- Champion the Seller Relationship for Amazon: Build strong communication channel at all levels of seller's organization, set clear expectations, provide frequent status updates and work towards a growth plan
- Review Performance and Own Seller Success: Provide guidance on actions needed through analysis, joint reviews, adoption of tools and scalable processes.
- Conduct analysis on current business and future opportunities and provide routine executive-level reporting.
- Publish recommendations and action plans based on data.
- Identify Large Sellers: Engage with yet-to-be launched large sellers, bring their blockers forward to cross functional teams and align solutions, co-create joint propositions and bring them onboard.
Location: This position is based out of regional office in Bangalore and will require travel.
Basic qualifications -
- Demonstrated intense customer focus in decision making
- Strong communication skills and speed of execution
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful with strong business judgement
- Gathers the right input/data
- Uses both intuition and data to reach a conclusion
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Thinks big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box
- Strong team player and focused on delivering results with high standards
Preferred qualifications -
- 3+ years of experience in sales or business development
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Deep understanding of e-commerce is required (preferably prior experience in e-commerce)
- Previous responsibility for strategic development, product management or product marketing. Revenue targets and quotas is highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience influencing C-level executives highly desirable
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
- South Indian Language skills