HR Business Partner at Amazon
Views:2318 Applications:418 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Amazon - Regional Manager - Air Operations (6-18 yrs)
Regional Manager - Air Ops
- This position will lead West Air Haul operations. As the regional manager, you will be responsible for executing carrier operations for the assigned city/region.
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders including Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, Network Design, S&OP, Line haul and Last Mile operations team.
- You will collaborate with external stakeholders such as vendors and carriers. We are looking for individuals with proven ability to drive process improvements & ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others.
- The individual should have a can-do attitude and an ability to solve problems independently with limited guidance.
- Your role will involve managing operational metrics, lead continuous improvement process and cost initiatives, managing carrier relationships and plan for any changes in network.
- Leading air operations for West region.
- Responsibilities include managing day to day execution, planning, network expansion and carrier management.
- Building relationships with air carriers, forwarding agents, airports and terminal authorities
- Creation and management of air haul schedule on a weekly/monthly basis
- Planning and scale up of capacities for peak sale events by working with central team and carriers
- Leading and supporting initiatives on network speed, reliability and expansion by collaborating with central stakeholders
- Managing continuous improvement projects related to cost and efficiency
. Excellent problem-solving, task prioritisation, follow-up, and customer service skills
- Direct team management experience both on-roll and off-roll
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management, peers
- Ability to manage high volume critical workload with a positive, flexible and professional attitude
- Ability to handle changing priorities with use of good judgment
- Effectively analyze and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Prior exposure to line haul execution
- P&L management for a business
- Forecasting, planning or scheduling background in a transportation environment
- Strong excel and analytical skills a must