Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:2515 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Amazon - Regional HR Compliance Manager (12-15 yrs)
- Responsible for labour law compliance for Amazon India sites / offices in South & Central Region, Liaison with Amazon Legal Team, Labour Law consultant and engage with government authorities to ensure timely compliance under various laws as applicable for respective site/s
- Responsible for ensuring guidance to Amazon Management in case any change required in Amazon policies and practices due to change in Country / State labour law.
- Point of contact for any guidance to all functions related to policies and practices from Country / State labour law perspective
- Own management and employee communication on any law and order situation in any center. Manage dawn raids / labour inspection for all centers in Amazon India.
- Design, implement and maintain framework of tracking and auditing compliance for Amazon and its Vendors Liaise with Business Managers, Facility Team, Finance, HRMs, HRBPs for any requirements to ensure compliance at all times.
- Proactively engage and communicate with stakeholders to ensure practices are compliant to Country / State law requirements and Amazon policies
- Proactively engage with Business Leaders / Managers in their Business Expansion Plans and ensure HR Compliance Agenda is incorporated in the plan and compliant to the respective state legal requirements
- Key areas of responsibility include working with operations leadership and HR teams to develop, implement, and monitor positive work environment practices and strategies and developing orientation programs emphasizing Amazon culture and positive employee relations
- Organizing and delivering manager training programs that promote and support positive work environment management
- Designing and auditing people policies and initiatives that sustain positive employee relations, high engagement, and promotion of fairness and consistency
The individual also will work reactively on critical HR compliance / employee relations issues, including providing counsel and advice for the site HR teams on employee relations & HR Compliance matters. Balancing time between proactive and reactive work will be a critical part of this role. This position will require regular travel, over the course of the year.
Basic Qualifications -
- Eight or more years- experience in HR Compliance / employee relations and human resources in manufacturing, FMCG and Logistics/Distribution, locations; experience in both non-unionized and unionized environments preferable
- Masters degree in Human Resource Management
- In-depth understanding of HR Compliance, Labour Laws, employee relations, Positive ER and Engagement
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint