Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:7597 Applications:703 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:114
Amazon - Program Manager - Six Sigma - Global Buyer Customer Excellence System Team (3-10 yrs)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
The Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. We have investigators globally who investigate fraudulent transactions. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we work towards minimizing the risk associated with new initiatives.
TRMS ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team is seeking a Program Manager for the Global Buyer ACES Team. The candidate needs to be passionate about providing exceptional quality service, thinks globally, drives key project initiatives that will help manage sustained process improvements and has the ability to contribute to innovative ideas. They will oversee the ACES program management work ensuring successful implementation of those projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project identification and prioritization: Identifies and Evaluates project opportunities in current programs by conducting seeking inputs from stakeholders and evaluation current process performance. Leads the execution of projects across programs to improve metric performance of CTQs
- Review, Mentor and Own: To mentor and/or lead improvement projects which are prioritized for execution (JDIs, Kaizens, DMAIC). Conduct governance meeting at a defined frequency to check status of solution against the timelines
- Reporting: To report project milestone status with all stakeholders providing regular updates to senior management
- Benefit Quantification: Quantify benefits potential and realized from the projects in terms of $ savings (ROI) and/or Metric improvements, obtain sign-off for project closure.
- Collaboration: Supports best practice sharing, replication and standardization across all TRMS sites.
- Learning & Development: Development and implementation of training program(s) on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools/techniques. Facilitating, training, and coaching team members in the use of quality & statistical tools /techniques.
- Collaboration: Partners with (advises and supports) the global process owners, Site leaders, Operation managers in identifying, defining and executing various process improvement projects. Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all TRMS sites
- Results & Accountability: Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure the completion within established timeframes. Drives and facilitates moderately complex projects; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes
- Change Management & Innovation: Develops and/or influences new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures, plans and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in complex operational environments. Develops strategies to enhance decision making. Perform complex data analysis to identify opportunities and set priorities for various operations metrics
Core competencies of the role include:
- Ability to partner with stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the organization without direct reporting lines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project road maps
- Change agent with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Execution of WW TRMS ACES strategy, support and improve the TRMS ACES program locally and globally
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills along with outstanding facilitation skills
Internal job description
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management role managing the development, maintenance and improvement of business processes in an Operations environment
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in driving continuous improvement initiatives including lean, six sigma, problem-solving methodology
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from a reputed institute or organization.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Technology, Statistics or Business.