Talent Partner at Amazon
Views:3475 Applications:331 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Program Manager - Finance - Payments Team (5-7 yrs)
About Amazon :
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic company with a focus on being the most customer-centric company in the world. Amazon offers services to retailers in India to sell on www.amazon.in and grow multi-channel commerce. Amazon's Payments team supports the Amazon platforms in providing a safe, secure and trusted payment experience to our customers. As part of the Payments team, Nodal Finance Operations owns and drives Nodal Compliance as a regulatory requirement.
Job Responsibilities :
- The candidate will be responsible for managing the Nodal operations with a focus on effectively performing operations, resolving issues and addressing inquiries/needs of business teams, banking partners.
- The Nodal team will be focused on reconciliation of all regulated accounts as well as exception analysis and their closures. Nodal operations Manager will be responsible for enforcing compliance and ensure business continuity. Involve in daily/monthly reconciliations.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance metrics of internal/external vendors.
- Responsible for managing the audits of the nodal / OPGSP and Escrow and support external and internal auditors. Meet audit deadlines and provide clarifications wherever required.
- Act as governance officer for the FOA (Finance Operations Analytics) team
- Manage business requirements in driving operations goals and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to team goals setting and performance appraisals, and coordinate staff training and coverage to ensure adequate level of cross training for appropriate coverage of business responsibilities.
- Develop a strong understanding of the process and systems that support the operation to effectively troubleshoot operational issues and continuously evaluate existing processes to enhance them or develop new ones to increase the efficiency of activities and reduce operational risk.
- The person will also have to engage and interface with host of stakeholders including Country Managers, Legal, Technology, Internal / external auditors, Banks, etc. as required.
- Function as subject matter expert to communicate nodal requirements in the context of these systems and in efforts relating to project launches.
Basic Qualifications :
- Should have a Master's in Business Administration from a reputed institution with Finance or Accounting as a major.
- Should have 5-7 years of experience working across Card Operations, e-commerce or retail.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-ups.
- Experience and ability to work across time-zones and with remote locations.
- Proficiency in Excel, database applications and other analysis tools.
- Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of groups, including Technology, Product Management, Accounting, Finance Community, Internal and external auditors is a must.
- Ability to carry out complex analyses, synthesize data with superior attention to detail and provide policy & process improvements.
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Work experience as Financial analyst of experience in Accounting or Financial Accounting experience
- Working understanding of an internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Exposure on operational risk and control frame work.